Chapter IX

Shifting back a few doors down, I ran to where I last saw Harry, hoping he was still there. I saw him, his face partially illuminated by the moonlight, he wound now no longer bleeding.

"Oh my god Harry!" I rushed over there, trying not make my answer sound fake. "Abigail!?" He looked up at me, his eyes wide with confusion "I was running late, are you okay?" I touched his shoulder lightly to see that it was no longer bleeding and all the blood had dried into his shirt.

"It's not deep, come on" I helped him up quickly and he stumbled a little. "I can patch it up for you if you like?" He nodded weakly and we began to walk. "My house is closer, come on Harry" I helped him walk and although I knew I had saved his life from that wolf but I knew another date and potential moment was now ruined.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get Harry home and by then he had seemed to have regained some colour in his face and his wound looked a bit better. "Here sit down" I led him to the couch which was covered in an array of striped pillows. I wondered off into the laundry where our first aid kit was and I brought it out into the lounge room.

"I need you to take off your shirt..." Harry looked at me which wide eyes "to clean the wound Harrison"
"Oh" he pulled off the shirt, wincing a little as he did so. I checked the wound, it had had no deep teeth marks and their was no longer blood coming from the wound. "It doesn't look like it will get infected but I've put ointment on it just in case" I began to dress it gently "how do you know any of this?" I couldn't tell him that I was familiar with werewolf bites so I just shrugged and mumbled something about a first aid class.

"I'm sorry about our dinner" he said suddenly just as I was finishing up dressing his bite. "It's okay, I guess we can reschedule again" I sighed as I began to pack up the first aid kit. "Where's your family?" He asked me and I shrugged they were probably out with the pack somewhere. "Here I can make you something to eat now" I helped him stand and he followed me into the kitchen.

"We haven't stocked up in awhile so it looks like your getting grilled cheese" I laughed, grabbing all the ingredients. "Good thing I like grilled cheese" he smiled and I returned it.

---

We were finishing off our sandwiches  when Harry broke the silence again "why do I have this weird desire to get to know you?" I couldn't tell him the truth that it was the pulls growing affect on him. "Maybe I'm your soulmate" i joked and he chuckled politely. "No I'm serious, something about you, it's strange..." he looked so confused and he kept searching my face for any signs but I kept my face stony and unresponsive.

"Then why are you with Tia!?" I wanted to scream at him but I kept silent still. "So a wolf attack... freaky right?" I started "yeah but it's weird because...no"
"What? tell me"
"This other wolf protected me and they kind of... stood off against each other and it was like they were communicating with each other"
"I believe you" Harry looked at me like I was crazy but he also looked relieved.

"You know, another wolf might attack, so you can stay here if you want?" I wanted to smack myself for saying that. Harry looked a bit stunned but he nodded at my offer and I led him upstairs. "You can sleep on the bed because of your shoulder, I'll go on the floor" I said grabbing some blankets and a spare pillow from the wardrobe.

"Thanks Abby.." he said slipping into my bed, still shirtless but mostly exhausted. I quietly went into the bathroom and changed into my PJs - the least flattering ones I owned. And crawled into my makeshift bed.

"Abby?"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you for you know..."
"Anytime Harry"
"Goodnight"
"Goodnight"

If only I had the guts to tell him that I was beginning to fall in love with him because the pull was becoming so much harder the ignore or resist.

Sleep was the only solace.

---

Intense right?

L xx