"Kris-"

He silenced her with a quick peck on her lips. She looked surprised, but he really wasn't ready to hear her again. He started standing up with a sigh.

"I'll go back to my room." He forced himself to pull on a smile. "Sleep, okay?" He patted her head again and turned away. Yet, he turned back around a second later and leaned down to give long kiss on her forehead. "Good night."

__________

Sehun stared at the ceiling and groaned. He had been tossing and turning for hours, but he still couldn't sleep. He couldn't forget the state Yeojin and Kris were in when they arrived at the hospital. They both weren't wearing any jacket. He guessed it was because they were in panic and hurried to the hospital. But that wasn't what really bothered Sehun.

Kris' hair was tousled messily. His shirt wasn't tucked in properly, and he thought he spotted bits of what looked like dough on his hair. Sehun didn't want to let his imagination ran wild, but Yeojin's slightly swollen lip and the mark on her neck gave it away. It aggravated him to think of what they were doing before they got the phone call. It made breathing hard to know he had no right to touch her the way Kris could.

When he saw how broken Yeojin was, he wanted to hug her so bad. Yet, Kris moved closer to her as if telling him to back off. Sehun believed that really was what the guy wanted to say. Frustration was overwhelming him right now just by thought of it. But then, guilt crept inside him when he remembered that it was what Yeojin's mom wished too.

Hospital, Earlier
Sehun came back in with a plastic bag of bottled drinks for everyone after taking a phone call from his mom. He found everyone asleep. Lin, Jinho and Kris passed out on the couch while Yeojin slept on the chair beside her mother's bed, resting her head on her folded arms. He approached the bed and set the plastic bag down on the table before glancing at Yeojin. Seeing her only in sweater, he sighed and took off his jacket. Gently, he draped it on her and patted her head with a small smile.

He missed her.

Sehun jumped back when he heard a soft groan from her mother who was holding the side of her head trying to get up. He quickly came to her side and told her to lay down before offering her a drink. Lying back down after taking a sip of her drink, she smiled and thanked him. She then stared at her sleeping daughter while Sehun pushed a button on her bed to call the nurse.

"You care about my daughter," Yeojin's mother suddenly spoke while caressing the girl's head as they waited for the nurse.

Taken aback, Sehun didn't know what to reply. He suddenly grew nervous wondering if she knew of what was actually going on between Yeojin and him. He wished she didn't.

"Thank you for being her good friend." The elder woman smiled at him and he hesitantly nodded. Her eyes then traveled to the sleeping trio on the couch before they settled on Yeojin again. "There may be some things you don't know about her yet; but I hope when you do know-" She looked at him with a smile again "- you will stay as her friend."

Friend.

Sehun sighed and brought his arm to cover his eyes. He felt guilty toward Yeojin's mother all over again because he could never see Yeojin just as a friend. What could he do? He had fallen too deep for someone else's wife.

__________

Yeojin hesitated to knock on Kris' door. She wished she could just pretend like nothing happened between them yesterday, but she knew she couldn't run from it. She had to tell him her thoughts now. Her heart had been in a state of disarray. But after much thinking last night, she finally knew what she wanted. That was to protect her heart.