43

Me and Ace weren't talking at all. We were just acting like each other didn't exist. Nobody asked about it but it was clear they wanted to know. Everyone expect Quintin. I guess he always thought we'd never work out.

Ace was gone, out of my mind and I had nothing to keep me busy. The book was still a big question mark for me. I delivered it back to Jax because Ace asked me to but now he was gone...

I was dying to get my hands on it! I couldn't wait for everyone to be gone so I could get it back but I guess nobody was going anywhere.

I was drinking my beer, calmly as I was playing this stupid game in my phone to distract myself when someone walked in the bar and made this overwhelming silence land in the club. I looked back. Standing at the door was this old guy. He should be around Richard's age. Maybe a little younger. He was wearing a leather jacker and jeans with army boots. His eyes were green and even with all that age, he looked fine as fuck! From distance I could read a patch in his jacket saying "Ride along".

-I think its you who I wanna talk to.-He said staring at me. He had a whiskey voice and a fearless look in his eyes. Nobody said a word and even I almost chocked with the air I was breathing. That guy was someone I didn't need to know to respect. He walked up to me. I didn't move.

-If you wanna talk with somebody, that's gonna be me.-Jax said from his office's door. The man looked at him and half smiled.

-Jax... Its always nice to see you-I caught the irony-Even though I'd love to catch up with you, I'm short on time and this lady right here owns me a good reason for me not to shoot her dead right now.-Jax laughed.

-You and your fairy tales.-He put up a serious expression.-You're the one who has to give me a good reason for me not to shoot you dead! You just walked into my club and threatened one of my own! Start running our mouth!

-Well, didn't she do the same?-Jax looked at me. I bit my lip and looked down.-Oh, you don't know? You don't know that her boyfriend and her walked up to the clubhouse and threatened my friends?! You don't know that half of the club followed their lead?! Well, you're lacking some serious information, Jax.-Man, I wanted to crawl into a whole and hide. Jax was staring at me like he was gonna kill me! I didn't know who I should fear more... Jax or the man