18

-KATNISS!-Richard screamed as I slam shut the doors. He ran towards me and I stepped on the accelerator with every bit of power in my body.

The car roared loud and jumped forward, pushing me against my seat. I could see Richard screaming in the small mirror but I couldn't hear him. My heart literally dropped to my stomach. Behind me all I could see was black smoke. As I turned the corner, I felt the tail of the car drifting and if I hadn't turned the wheel in the opposite direction I would have lost control of the car. I hit the brakes right after, to catch my breath. That car was a beast! I didn't even know if that was good thing or not! And I used to think Richard's Harley was fast!

Soon after, I heard the bikes' engines roaring behind me. It was time to make that car fly again. I started it once again and let them get close to me. Then I drove it at an acceptable speed and rolled down my windows. Jax was by my right and Richard by my left.

-STOP THE CAR!-Jax screamed.

-KATNISS I'M GONNA KILL YOU!-Richard screamed too.

-You gotta catch me first though!-I smiled and rolled up the windows again.

-KATNISS! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!-Rich was red with anger. I pressed the accelerator once again and smoked them. I guess I was enjoying the danger, the adrenaline, that breathtaking feeling in my guts. I drifted one more time on the corner and before the boys could turn it, I was long gone.

I was driving at maximum speed. There wasn't anyone around in no man's land anyway. It was just empty roads and fields of nothingness. You can't possibly imagine the peace of mind I found in drifting. All those senses... The smell of burnt tires, gravity pushing me against my seat, everything besides me rushing before my eyes so fast I couldn't even tell a tree from a sign, the engine roaring out loud like a king lion, my heart skipping beats, adrenaline bumping as fast as the car... My mind was finally far from Ace just like I was whishing it would. I was happy. I was finally happy.

All of a sudden, as I turn, I find these wooden sticks blocking the road. I pressed down the brakes with both feet but I couldn't stop. I was gonna hit them and I knew it. I pulled up the hand break and the car turned sideways. I let the car hit the sticks, breaking them, and slide until it stopped sideways. I was breathing heavily and about to pass out when Richard opened the door.

-Katniss, are you out of your fucking mind?!-He pulled me out of the car. My legs were shaking so hard, I couldn't even stand.

-Dad...-I looked at him, slowly.-I loved it!-I smiled

-What? No! No, you didn't! ARE YOU CRAZY?!

-YES! Let me go! Please give me the car! Please! Please!!

-Oh no. Don't you even think about it!

-Dad, please! You don't even drive it!

-You're going back to your room! No dinner tonight!

-I don't fucking care! I just...-He didn't even let me finish. He slapped me with the back of his hand. Jax pulled him away from me.

-Chill out, Rich...-He whispered. Snake got near me. I guess both of them knew shots were about to be fired.

-HOW DARE YOU, KATNISS?!-Richard screamed.

-NO! HOW DARE YOU?! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! I'M 18 GODDAMMIT! I'M OLD ENOUGH TO DECIDE WHAT I WANNA DO WITH MY LIFE!

-THAT CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!

-YOU DON'T FUCKING USE IT!

-Neither will you.-He used a dead calm tone. I felt so challenged, so provoked.