CHAPTER 24

'Why isn't she picking up the goddamn phone?!' shouted the giant in anger but he had a reason to be angry tough. His mother wasn't at home and she didn't answered to his calls. They called their restaurant, which is being ran by her, but the waiter who they were talking to said that Chanyeol's mom didn't even went in that day.

Not much time passed when the giant got a call from his sister.

'Chanyeol you need to come to the hospital now!'

'Why? What happened? Are you okay?'

'I am but mom is...hurt...and they aren't letting me to see her!'

'I try to get there as soon as possible! Inform me if anything happens!' then he ended the call and quickly put on his shoes not even listening to the brunet who was bombing him with questions about what happened. He rushed out the door straight to his car with the smaller following him. Chanyeol only noticed that the brunet came too when he started the car's engine and finally answered to his questions.

'It's about mom Baek....she's in the hospital and.... Yoora said she doesn't know how serious it is...' burst out in tears the giant.

Baekhyun held the taller boy's hand and tried to do his best to calm him down.

'Look Chan, I'm sure in that your mom is very strong and can handle a lot of things so you shouldn't be worried about her.....' the brunet mentally cursed himself because he hasn't got better comforting skill. He thought really hard about what he should say or do but he never really had to do something like this in the past. The only death which left a very deep impact in him was his father's and because the only friend he ever had was Sehun, who is someone who barely cries, Baekhyun never learned how he should handle these type of situations. Due to failing in comforting the giant he tried to be helpful instead.

'Do you want me to drive?'

'Ye-yes' sobbed the taller.

They exchanged their seats than the brunet drove off towards the hospital. He drove faster than the regulation speed but the only thing he was caring about was getting to the hospital as fast as he can. Baekhyun had a solid feeling about Chanyeol's mom being fine so he wanted the giant to make sure about it too and he wanted to find out who attacked her and why.

When they arrived to the hospital Yoora was already waiting for them in the hall. The doctors still didn't told anything to her so they kept waiting until the surgery ended.

After half an hour in silence a doctor came to them.

'Her condition is stable however we need to wait a few minutes until she wakes up but you may can go and see her now.'

The siblings jumped up from their seats and rushed to the room where their mother were taken. Baekhyun thanked to the doctor than followed them. When he reached the room the women already opened her eyes and her kids were hugging her tightly but when she saw the brunet she became serious and told the two that she's okay and she needs to talk to Baekhyun. The brunet went closer to the bed, the siblings stopped hugging their mom but they didn't move an inch.

'Chanyeol, Yoora I'm fine now and I will tell you everything later but I really need to talk to Baekhyun alone.' tried to convince her children to leave the room but they obviously wanted to stay.

'No way mom, we're staying!' cried the giant.

'Yeah, we want to know who did this to you!' spoke the giant's sister.

'I know but-'

'Sorry for interrupting you Mrs Park but I think it's pointless to resist. I have no idea about what you gonna say but I'm sure in that they will find it out in their own ways which can cause all of us a big trouble so please say what you want to say in front of them.' joined in the conversation the brunet.

'*sigh* Okay...stay....but promise me something Byun Baekhyun! You will protect my son in any cost!'

'Of course ma'am, I don't even need to make a promise to do that.'

'Good, than I suggest all of you to have a seat because it might take long.' after they sat down she continued.

'It all leads to the day which all three of you probably curious about. It supposed to stay in secret but the situation we are in allows us to break this rule.' all three's eyes lit up and listened carefully about what the women is going to say 'You all know that that mission took many lives but there was a positive side of it because believe it or not we succeeded. Now, I probably should tell you what that mission was. Well...we needed to destroy a program which the mafia created than kill or capture as many people as we can. We had 50 people in our team but we all knew that it'll be risky to not just get in to the building, which had even better security as we first thought, but we also needed to destroy something which we didn't even know where to find...Even I don't really know the very details of that program but it main function was that it contained several codes with which they could have easily hack into a lot of computers. Their purpose was to improve the program to a level where it can hack into a bank computer and they could steal money but of course it wasn't about just one bank, they wanted to do this with all banks in Korea, then in Asia and then probably in America...'

'So I suppose you didn't succeeded in destroying the program because otherwise we wouldn't be here.' claimed the brunet.

'What you said is partly true...because yes we managed to delete the program from their main computer and destroyed all the pen drives and disks except...one. Then of course we had to kill all their hackers and basically everyone else but there were some people who escaped.'

'But why did you had to keep one of those pen drives? This program shouldn't be existing.' asked the giant from his mother.

'Believe me Channie I didn't want to keep it either but the boss insisted because if the mafia would succeed in making that program again we could use it against them.'

'It seems logical but what I'm asking is why YOU had to be the one who kept it especially after your retire?'

'Well-' she tried to answer but the brunet interrupted.

'It was BECAUSE of her retire, she is basically dead, as we saw yesterday and she's still in good terms with the boss so she was the perfect for it but now Mrs Park am I thinking right if I think that the mafia stole that pen drive from you and that's why you're here?'

'Yes...you are...of course I tried to resist but as you can see I faild....I have no idea tough how they managed to find out that I had it.' sighed the mother.

Baekhyun looked at the taller boy to make sure about that they are thinking the same but the brunet spoke sooner.

'I think I know who gave out the information...'

Chanyeol shut his eyes before saying it out loud because he didn't want to accept the truth.

'It was Jongin, isn't it?'

-------------

Yayy an update, I know I was late again (I'm sorry) but this time I'm planning to update the next chapter sooner (probably won't happen tho')....

Love y'all!! <3