CHAPTER 23

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!! <3 (Sorry again for the late update. >.<)

----------------------------------------------

After many hours they started to get closer to figure out the coding of the diary but the brunet's mother called them for dinner. She suggested that Chanyeol should sleep there which the brunet at first resisted but then he realized that it was already dark outside and he didn't want the giant to go home alone and he couldn't accompany him either because of his leg so the only option was that Chanyeol stays for the night.

After dinner they continued the decoding but the diary was too long and they were too slow in figuring out what's written in it. Around 11pm the taller felt something heavy leaning on his shoulder and as he turned his head he saw the brunet with closed eyes quietly snoring. He called his name a few times but after not getting any answer he knew that the smaller was deeply sleeping.

'Did you really passed out already?' asked the giant while chuckling than he took the papers and the diary out of the brunet's hands and continued the decoding alone listening to the other boy's sniffles on his shoulder.

Baekhyun woke up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking because of a bad dream about him going back to his normal life where he's not an assassin, he and Sehun only old childhood friends who doesn't even talk to each other anymore and where he and Chanyeol never know each other. The worst part of this was that the brunet remembered every minute which he spent with the giant but when he tried to speak with him he saw nothing familiar in his eyes. He didn't recognize Baekhyun, there wasn't that glow in his eyes when he looked at him. There was only coldness in his gaze because the school's weird kid who has no friends tried to talk to him. He even made fun of him and laughed at him but not with the usual Chanyeol laugh which the brunet loved more than anything, it was the complete opposite of it filled with disdain and evilness.

After opening his eyes he looked at the sleeping giant's face and calmed a bit after seeing that cute being snoring peacefully with one of his arms around the brunet's waist. Baekhyun crawled closer to him burying his face to his neck and inhaling his sent to calm himself down fully. Sleeping back caused him great difficulties though. He might succeeded in calming down but the dream still kept him awake. He was thinking of what his life would be if he wouldn't be an assassin, what he would turn out to be if stuff like job and career would actually meant something to someone like him and more importantly would he ever had a chance to get to know Chanyeol if it wasn't because of their dads. He didn't want to get an answer to that question because in this state he couldn't imagine his life without the giant and he truly didn't want to either.

The next day when Baekhyun woke up he noticed that the bed is empty next to him and he was curious what the time could be but after looking at the clock his jaw dropped. It was already 11am and he was kinda mad at the giant for not waking him up but it actually felt good for the brunet to sleep more than he usually does. He still couldn't walk properly so he hobbled down the stairs towards the kitchen where from he smelled the delicious scent of waffles. When he entered he saw Chanyeol with his morning messy hair being extremely busy with cooking not even noticing the brunet. The smaller thought that this chance shouldn't be wasted so he sneaked behind the giant without any noise and tapped his shoulder which as he expected scared the shit out of him. He literally dropped everything which was in his hands making quite a big mess and when he turned around he saw Baekhyun dying from laughter.

'Good morning Baek!' greeted Chanyeol the laughing brunet and started to pick up the things he just dropped.

'Morning Chan!' greeted back the smaller and helped to the giant in cleaning up but he was still chuckling.

After eating Baekhyun continued decoding the diary while Chanyeol was walking around in the room looking through random papers he found and was quite bored but after a while he found a paper which he found oddly interesting. On the paper there was his mother's photo with all her personal information but the thing which caught the giant's eyes the most was on the bottom of the paper. The word "dead" was written on it with red letters and as he looked closer he noticed that his mom's surname was different too.

'Baek, do you know anything about this?' asked while showing the paper to the brunet.

'Oh sorry, I actually wanted to show you this but I kinda forgot. The only thing I know though is that your mother is technically dead.....at least on paper.'

'But...what does it mean...and why?' asked the giant on a desperate tone.

'Well, it means that your mom is supposed to be dead and probably because she wanted to get out of being an assassin which she could only do if she dies, so she did.' the brunet tried to keep his tone as calm as he could to not freak out the taller even more.

'She did it for us, didn't she? For me and Yoora.'

'I think, yes....but Chanyeol it's not really a big deal. I mean the only thing she had to do was getting a knew ID with a fake name which was probably held by the boss.'

'I guess you're right but you have to agree in that it's quite shocking.'

'For me, not really but the fact that she tried to disappear might means something more.'

The giant gave him a questioning look as an answer so Baekhyun continued.

'I think she's hiding something. Maybe she did something in the past for what she would get into trouble or she has something what shouldn't even be existing.'

'Are you sure? Maybe she just wanted a normal life and believe me she usually overkills the stuff she does.'

'No Chan, I'm not sure but I think we should speak with her about this. I have a feeling that she will give us real answers this time.'

'I really hope so Baek.'