CHAPTER 5

The boss was a tall man in his early forties with a bit longer hair which he brushed back every day and black eyes. When Baekhyun first met him he thought he's the scariest man he ever saw but after they got to know each other better the boss didn't seen that frightening after all. They grew pretty close, as much as boss and employee could, which meant he was always more patient and nicer with the brunet then most of the people who work here. The reason of this Baekhyun thought was more likely because of the boss's friendship with his father before his death. Cause yes, Mr Byun was working here as an assassin too just as his mother who was a hacker but his dad died 10 years ago during a job and his mom retired after that.

'So how did the work went little Byun?' the boss always called him like that which he found oddly annoying but handled it cause he's like an uncle to the brunet.

'It wasn't that smooth but I did okay.'

'As long as you didn't get caught.' Baekhyun's eyes twitched to that sentence but fortunately the boss didn't see it. 'Would you mind giving me that list you been writing for a while?'

'Oh yes, here it is.'

After the older man took it and read trough it quickly.

'As I see this was your hundredth assassination right?'

'It seems like but I have that list only for a bit more than an year so I don't know the actual number.' (he's at the WUAOSK for three years)

'It is still very impressive, especially in your age. You know you broke your father record in this, he needed almost two years to "collect" this many people and he got help too. What more can I say than well done Byun Baekhyun you officially is a professional assassin.'

'Thank you boss' said the brunet with a fake smile on his face and left the room.

He knew he should be happy for overcoming his father in the family business but instead of that he felt sadness and emptiness because he could never forget the things and people which get him achieve this goal. Of course he didn't remember all of the faces from he took their lives away and they were far worst people than Baekhyun but he remembered the ones who were begging for life or his mates who fell during a job or those things which made him decide he wants to do the same thing as his father.

After he got home the brunet lied down to bed immediately but didn't have much sleep due to the thought which was floating around his head about his distinction.

Chanyeol, similarly to the brunet, didn't sleep much either. He spent the whole night with studying the diary exhaustively. He didn't understand much about what he read but he got the main points. Baekhyun is a killer or as he wrote assassin. He's working to a company named WUAOSK but the meaning of the name hadn't been mentioned and a lot of other students from his school works for it too.

That diary was more interesting than he first thought. It contains not just the brunet's work experience but his personal feelings too. It felt wrong reading about someone's personal life, even if that someone is a murderer but it was so interesting. Chanyeol felt like he is reading a book instead of a teenager's diary. At the same time with enjoying the stories he tried to pay attention to not just the information about the brunet but about his friends too who were mentioned.

He found out that Baekhyun works for that company for around three years, his parents worked there too but after his father's death her mother quit and tried to hide the truth from her little son but when he was 12 he found out about everything. Then when he was 13 he and his friend Sehun got kidnapped and taken as a hostage for information from Baekhyun's mother but they successfully escaped. The next year he decided to join WUAOSK with Sehun alongside him. The brunet wasn't too happy because of his friend's decision but the younger was too stubborn and said he wants to protect his family and friend so Baekhyun couldn't do much against it. He had two partners, the first was Sehun but they couldn't work well together and his second one died during a "job" so he prefers to work alone. Chanyeol couldn't find anything about that list but he kinda knew what could that been.

He got to know more detail about his drug dealer friend Jongdae and his partner Xiumin who were apparently the rival of another drug dealing duo Kris and Zitao. He was a bit surprised when he saw Kyungsoo's name but he wasn't when he saw Jongin's, who is the small owl eyed boy's boyfriend. Baekhyun wrote that they have unknown suspicious backstory, maybe the brunet was just imagining too much into it.

They were living in two different worlds but there were one thing which they had in common. Both of their dad's died when they were little. His mother always said that it was a car accident which killed his father but as he grew older it was harder to believe.

Maybe their father's death had something to do with each other or maybe he's just overthinking everything cause it was 4 am in the morning and all he wanted was sleep.