Chapter 76: Forgiveness and Loose Ends

After several days of flying, it feels like forever ago since I faked my death.

    The hover-plane stalled and hovered. I looked at the window behind me.

   A hover-carrier suddenly appeared under us. Planes were parked beside the huge runway. Men in combat fatigues topped with orange and green safety vests waved glow-sticks at a specific pattern.

   The plane tilted left and right roughly. I struggled to attach myself to the seat. I tumbled face-first towards the floor.

   While the plane tilted, I struggled to get up to my seat and attach my harness. Instead I found myself rolling on the floor, hitting my head repeatedly on the metal feet of the seat.

   Iron just sat there,not even moving a inch.

   After several minutes, the tilting finally stopped. The bay doors opened.

  I was greeted with soldiers clad in black,their metal visors housed tiny lens that glowed red.

I quickly stood up awkwardly.

   The first thing that I noticed about them is their helmets looked like Nazi WWII era helmets.

   I walked towards them. As I stepped closer, they are more heavily armored than most troops I had seen in the field; their dark combat fatigues are thickly padded in every possible spot.

I had encountered them before, still something about the style of the uniforms feels intimidating than most soldiers I'd ever seen.

"Punch?" Iron asked me as soon as he saw the soldiers.

"No." I answered.

"Okay." he dejectedly murumured.

"This way." One of them pointed to a larger cargo hover-plane.

   I walked to the plane. The plane's cargo doors opened with a hiss. The plane's plasma jet engines at each wing turned downward to the floor.

  I looked behind me. My pilot got out of the plane. The RavenClaw soldiers led Kite and Iron to a far away hatch that leads to a downward staircase.

   I miss them already. They are one of the things that reminded me of my second family: the Sons of War.

   The soldiers earlier increased in number. They formed a semicircle around me. They pointed their weapons at me.

  I heard hushed, nervous whispers from them.

I heard them say:"Is this the immortal man we heard from the reports?","Don't panic, we outnumbered him.", "But he killed a whole platoon by himself!"and the classic: "I think I peed my pants."

   I laughed silently. They must have heard of my ultra-fast regeneration and my superhuman feats.

   As I walked closer, I saw the inside of the plane. The plane is full of heavily armed autonomous robots. All of their armaments are pointed at me.

   I walked inside to see a dozen robots ready to slice me to pieces with their heavy laser weapons. A seat between one of them is available, so I sat there.

   The cargo doors closed. The engine loudly hummed.

  I attached my harness attached to the seat. The plane hovered.

   Here comes my least favorite part about being in a hover-plane. The accelerating part.

   The plane sped up significantly. My head was suddenly thrown into the robot next to me and my head stuck in the cold hard metal because of the immense G-force.