Chapter 73: Temporary Truce

We sailed closer to the islands. Its been weeks since we have captured this flying fortress for 3 weeks.

   We forced the captured crew members to teach us how to use their advance technology. We have tactically acquired their military equipment and hardware.

   Their uniforms and insignia reminded me of the Nazis from World War 2; which I read from a dusty old history book. Clad in black and a grim, menacing demeanor, people wearing these combat uniforms seemingly striked fear and awe into their enemies hearts.

   We have suffered many losses. Over two-fourths of our remaining fleet were decimated.

   For revenge for our fallen brethren, I allowed my soldiers to do anything they want to the captured crew. Literally anything. I couldn't care less about the enemy.

   Anyone can imagine how my troops had treated them.

   As long as they clean their bloody mess after, I'm cool with it.

   While I rested in one of the most luxurious rooms in the fortress, the Global Alliance called me.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"We would like to inform you about one of our dropships will be arriving soon. They will retrieve the data from the data centers in the ship." they informed. "Thank you."

   I informed our troops about this.

   Later, someone knocked on my door. I stood up from my bed, and the door opened automatically.

   One of our personnel came inside.

"The Special Intel Retrieval Element retrieved some very sensitive data from the data farms in the ship." One of them reported."What should we do about it?"

"How sensitive?" I asked,intrigued.

"Information that can undermine a organization."

"Show me."

    We walked through the concrete corridors. One of the captured were forced to clean up the bloody corpse of his comrade.

   The man earlier gagged at the horrible sight. I just moved along the corridor like nothing happened.

   After a few steps, I heard a woman's squeals and cries inside a room with metal doors, along with the sadistic laughter of my troops.

   Even I'm disgusted with what I let them do.

"Sir?" the man behind me uttered.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why do you let them do this?" He asked.

"For revenge." I answered. "Why don't you join them?"

"Why? I'm still a decent person, after all these years."

"Good. Keep that up." I remarked."I haven't been doing these things too."

   A few steps later, we arrived at a room that has a metal door that has a sign that says: DATA ROOM 5.