Chapter 54: Testing Phase

We walked to the outside of the factory. It is dusk already. The compound is so dark, that I hardly see anything.

   We walked to what looks like a abandoned warehouse. The lights suddenly opened. Equipment for weapons testing almost filled the warehouse.

  A long, empty space is in front of us. A blue, metal platform, with a arsenal of different machine guns, even a 50 caliber machine gun and a gatling gun, were mounted and lined up on the rails of the platform. Our mercenaries tended the weapons. The other ones are busy on the wide weapon racks at the corners of the warehouse.

"Commence testing!" The professor shouted.

  The soldiers at the platform readied their machine guns, while the ones on the weapon racks grabbed their variety of different weapons, including a flamethrower, plasma gun, and even a shoulder-mounted lasercannon.

    The two scientists climbed the stairs to the platform with bullet resistant glass protecting them.

"Stand on the red circle!" the scientists commanded. "Don't worry, we'll start with 9 milimeter rounds!"

"What?" I asked.

  But I followed their instructions, like a good soldier will.

   I stood in front of the blue platform, their weaponry pointed at me. They saluted me.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" I loudly questioned.

"No." The scientists answered. "We're going to test your speed, strength,and regenerative speed. "First, dodge these bullets."

  The soldiers on the platform fired their machine guns at me.

   I suddenly see every individual bullet approaching me very slowly, like they have stopped in midair.

  Adrenaline suddenly surged through my veins. I feel that my reflexes are incredibly heightened.

  I dodged and sidestepped calmly and I catch some of the bullets in midair with my bare hands. The bullets on my palms torched my skin, but I cannot feel anything.

They stopped firing.The mercenaries stared at awe.

"Impressive, you moved at speeds of Mach 25!" The enthusiastic scientist complimented me. "My nano-enhancement method worked extremely well!"

"You mean our nano-enhancement method." Doc scolded. "I did half of the work."

"It was my idea!" The other scientist replied.

"Lets get on with it, shall we!" I interrupted before it could get any worse. The amusing thought of two geriatric men fighting almost makes me guffaw.

"Oh, right." Doc realized." Commence 9 milimeter test."

   I suddenly felt like I have been shot repeatedly from my chest.

   I looked down on my chest and I saw blood stains on my shirt. Bullets started bursting out of my chest with black liquid with it.

   I heard gunshots. The ceiling suddenly burst into holes and white light shone outside.

   Soldiers with stark-black armor    busted the door open and pointed their firearms everywhere.

   Our mercenaries readied their weapons at them, resulting in a standoff. Doc hid under his table, while X just calmly stood there, broodingly stared from the glass windows.

   I thought it is part of the test. Until the they killed all of our mercenaries in one fell swoop; dying by a hail of bullets.

   A man with a gray-blue armored ski mask, body armor,a metal fist on his right hand and a Ultranium katana walked out of the center of squad of soldiers in black.