Chapter 6: The Bomb (Part 2)

We arrived at their location, it is in the city's subway. Police are on the scene. They are blocking the entrance. We need to go in. I asked the police if we can enter, but they refused.

"We are part of the New Russian special forces! I demand that we may enter!"

A man in a Explosive Ordinance Disposal uniform with a thick New Russian accent approached us.

"Show me your evidence!"

I show him the confidential files my boss gave me.

"You may pass."

"Thank you, May I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Can you disable bombs?"

"Yes."

" Come with us. "

"Ok."

   We entered the subway, we saw that it is full of traces of a firefight. We heard gunfire and explosions at the far end of the subway.

   After we ran, my stepbrother's team is pinned down by a group of sentry drones. We took cover in the nearest wall and opened fire at the remaining robots.

   I noticed that there are 3 dead bodies on the floor with missing parts, the dead bodies were my allies. I saw my step-brother slicing some of the robots in half. Then minutes of gunfighting later, the robots were reduced to scrap metal. We saw the makeshift Philippinium- bomb at the train.

I called the New Russian policeman.

"Policeman! Can you defuse the bomb?"

"Im no ordinary policeman, I'm a member of the most elite bomb defusing unit on the New Russian La-"

"Shut up! Just defuse the bomb!"

"Ok."

The New Russian policeman did his work solemnly, as he continued defusing the bomb, I ordered my remaining troops to scan the serial numbers on the robots. Later, the New Russian policeman defused the bomb and he grabbed a yellow-green-blue-red marble-sized gem;Philippinium.

  The mercenaries notify me that the serial number on the sentry drones were in fact, pointed that our rival, RavenClaw provided the robots, same with the equipment at the terror base at Inner Mongolia.

I contacted my boss and send him the data we gathered.

"Boss! Did you see the data?"

"Yes."

"What happens next?"

"I tell you later. Wait for the drop-ship to fetch you here in New Russia. Bye."

I always hated that habit when my boss tells an important thing or a detail later and then its not that important.

I turned to the New Russian policeman.

"Im tired of calling you "Policeman". What is your name?"

"Vladimir Vladislav."

" If you ever need more money, call this number."

I gave Vladimir the Sons of War official calling card with the company's insignia and the official employment hotline: 609. It also has a list of employment headquarters in their following countries.

"We need more bomb defusing people in our organization, I see potential in you."

"Thanks. You are a mercenary?

"Yes, the New Russian armed forces paid us to this top secret mission."

"Oh, I see, Ill tell the commissioner."

My stepbrother approached me.

"How did you know that our EOD guy is dead without even knowing it so that New Russian policeman can defuse the Philippinium-bomb?"

"A gut feeling?" I guessed.

"I gotta have that gut feeling bro."

"Yeah my gut feeling is the best."

My brother approached me.

"I thought we were dead in there."

" Yup. These robots were tough."

   We walked to the exit of the subway. The New Russian police let us pass through them with the help of the New Russian policeman and we drive to the descending drop-ship. I saw the New Russian policeman with his squad of other fellow policemen.

He'd make a great mercenary and a great addition in our organization.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!