Chapter 50:Graveyard of Warriors

After I arrived at the company's main base of operations, I traveled to my condo unit in the city. I opened the door. Panzer tackled me and encircled me in excitement.

"Who's a good boy?" I patted the dog.

I got to my room and I jumped on the bed, without even changing my clothes. The dog lay down with me and licked my hair.

I turned on the wall, that is also a television by pointing my finger at the wall. A light at the center expanded to a screen, which showed the local news.

While lying down, I watched the news with the dog.

I saw the reporters talking about the controversial speech one of the candidates of the presidency have made.

The reporters said that the candidate made his supporters swear to his loyalty and raised their fists in the air and shouting "Mabuhay Pilipinas!"

Of course, the media painted the scene in a bad light. Of course many people will negatively react, as it resembles the speeches of the most famous dictator in World War Two, Adolf Hitler, where people will raise their hands rigidly to their leader.

Nothing much has been uncovered in WW2 since the end of the war. Records about it had been destroyed during the war.

The media is still the same. They were supposed to give the right information, but they are spreading bullshit. Even if the previous administrations have eliminated corruption, there are still smudges on the clean white cloth, that is the country.

I woke up. I fell asleep without knowing it. Panzer fell asleep on my chest. The time is 5 o'clock in the morning. I decided to go to sleep again.

I found myself in the battlefield. I stood between the crossfire.

The sounds of gunfire and explosions filled the urban war zone. I heard the particular ear-splitting roar of the our CAS aircraft firing its rotary cannon.

Tracer fire and laser beams filled the sky. The Battle of Romunwaldo District. June 1 2070. I wore the same standard battle uniform of the Philippine Army. We were driving off the Last Dragon Corps from the area. They are the remnants of the People's Liberation Army.

That day, only me survived out of our battalion. After I have been rescued when I ran out of supplies and ammo ABS-CBN news reporters interviewed me.

We have failed the mission.

I saw the enemy running towards me with a knife. I pointed my pistol at him, but it only responded with a audible click, signifying that it has ran out if ammo. I pulled my knife from my sheath and stabbed the enemy in the neck, in front of me.

I woke up, then I realized that I scared Panzer. He was whimpering on the floor. I hugged him and carried him to the bed.

I cried, because I'm guilty of hitting my dog, but also because I shouldn't be alive.

I wish I died in the battlefields that I have fought. My comrades have died because of my bad leadership.

I want to avenge them.

For the few days of my "vacation" the same dreams and I took antidepressants and other medicines that lessens the symptoms, according to the psychiatrist who I've been seeing lately. I also included smoking weed in the mix.

I found myself in different past battlefields, and later I found myself in a strange place, over and over again. I cant remember where exactly, but I know that I saw a vintage lamp post, glowing orange in the middle of a snowy ground.