Chapter 16: Hotel

A few minutes later, Iron and Kite started talking to each other.

"Where did you get you get your name?" Kite asked.

He pointed to his left armored plated shoulder. T IRON L ON were painted on his shoulder plate. The other letters in between were illegible and scratched out.

"Oh. So your power armor is stuck to your body because your body mass increased exactly the size of your power armor?" Kite asked.

"Mama said that it is like my skin now." Iron answered.

"So.. where is your 'mama'?"

    Iron cried.Kite ran to him and hugged him.

"Its ok now. If you want to, I will become your new mama."

"Really?"

"Yes."

It hugged her.  Im surprised that mutants can show emotion.

  But I'm more surprised that Kite can be so caring to a mutant. Well, I suppose that could be expected; she has a soft spot for children, like that time when she rescued injured child soldiers when they are not a priority in the mission.

   Well, the giant mutant has the brain of a 5 year old anyway.

  Then she got back to being a professional pilot.

  Then I slept again, in one of the seats after a tiring day.

   Later, I woke up. We arrived at the airport. I stretched out my arms and yawned loudly.

"Well this is as far as I can take you." Kite said.

"Its okay, I can just travel by taxi." I replied.

"Okay."

"Be sure to take care of it." I pointed to the sleeping, 8 foot, armored mutant.

"Okay, bye."

  I depart from the dropship, landing on the ground.

  I got in from the airport.

  Inside there is nobody; the stores are closed. My clothes are dirty. The airport is eerily empty; not even a soul inside.

  I walked out from the building with no problem.

   I waited for a taxi outside the premises of the airport. As I walked away, I didnt even see any armed security.

  Half an hour later I realized that there is no one in the streets. I can certainly hear a can rolling amidst the deafening silence.

"Well I will just use my cybernetic legs instead." I thought.

  Then I ran and I accelerated at speeds up to Mach 3. Time slowed down around me. I saw a military checkpoint in front of me. I jumped on a building then I jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

   Then I dropped down to the hotel.

  My cybernetic legs and my whole body are visibly smoking; small trails of smoke coming erupting my back.

  Then I walked in the hotel.I walked straight to the receptionist.

"Good afternoon sir." She greeted.

"Room 2269." I  interrupted before she says anything.

She was visibly surprised."Ok, have a nice stay."

   I almost forgot that I have a briefcase full of money at my left hand.

  Then I walked to the glass elevator.