Chapter 7: Unexpected Defense

I woke up.

   I'm in the company's drop-ship. We are arriving in the company's bunker. I looked through the window of the drop-ship, I notice that there are black vehicles on the parking lot and on the road. I also saw tiny dots in the horizon.

   I got a bad feeling about this.

   The mountain's airstrip opened and we descended to the bunker's entrance. As we descended to the bunker, we moved to a hole encircling the shaft to the hover-pad at the bottom. In that hole is the parking area.

  The drop-ship we're in parked on the concrete landing pad. We got out of the drop-ship and traveled to the  bunker's War room. Colonel Luis and my boss greeted us.

"Congratulations! Its time to get paid!"

The colonel opens 8 boxes full of money.One for each person involved in the mission.

"The 3 people who died during the mission have their money were transferred to their families' bank account while their cremated remains is now being transported to their respected families. May we remember their service to the company."

" About our prisoners that we'd caught, have we received critical information from them?" I asked.

"Yes,they have revealed all known RavenClaw bases all over the world. I ordered all of our bases all over the world to attack the nearest RavenClaw's bases."

"Good. As the enemy slowly loses their assets we will get more money. Everybody wins."

We heard an explosion. The sirens blared simultaneously.

The Holo-screens shows and there is a Red Alert-level security breach around and above the mountain. The Colonel rushed to the control panel and ordered everybody to defend the base.

"We are being bombed! Activate all anti-air defenses! Including the ESC Missile Weapon System! All non-combat personnel evacuate immediately! This is Code Red level security alert!

An Energy Scatter Crystal missile weapon system? I thought, this must be a very dire situation we are in.

My boss turned slowly to us; his face full of determination.

"There is no time to celebrate! You three command our troops below!" he points to me and my two siblings.

"You five follow their lead!" he points to the lower ranked mercenaries accompanying us during the last mission.

We ran to battle.

As we ran to the 5th main entrance/exit to defend it. We were blocked by evacuating staff; chefs, janitors, etc.
Then we got to the cafeteria to go to the 5th blast door to the outside.

There are numerous guards with weapons; , assault rifles, sub- machine guns and light machine guns and a turret guarding the door to the corridor to the 5th blast door, 3 automated sentry gun turrets and 4 machine gun emplacements on the second floor overlooking the ground floor of the cafeteria.

    The tables and chairs have blocked the cafeteria doors to the outside and have been made into barricades. A high-ranked officer approached me.

" Sir! The threats have breached the 5th  blast door! We are running out of options! What we gonna do now?"

"We advance to the enemies and we push them outside." I ordered.

"Bu-"

" No buts! I have a higher rank than you!"

" Bu-"

" Its worth the risk."

The door exploded and was blown to bits.

   The guards and the turrets fired on the enemies. A wave of humanoid robots and small, agile flying drones came in and returned fire to our allies. Then a EMP grenade disables the robots and another grenade to turn them to scrap.

"Charge!"

     A squad of mercenaries with ballistic shields got first to the corridor and absorbed most of the damage. I charged through our troops and I shoot the enemies with my shotgun.

    Some of the enemies ran away in panic because they never expected me to charge at them at close-range. We pushed them with our firepower to the outside.

    A enemy gunner lay suppressing fire at us with a auto-laser gun, then my brother shot the enemy. A enemy sniper shot me directly on my armor then I spotted the enemy behind a destroyed guard post meters away, I charged to the sniper with superhuman speed thanks to my artificial legs, and I sliced him with my combat knives.

   We heard a faraway, loud bang.

   I look at the mountain and I saw the ESC weapon system on the peak of the mountain fired its crystal to the sky where the enemy bombers are.

   From the ESC weapon system, it fired beams of bright yellow colored lasers to the crystal and to the enemy bombers. The crystal exploded with branches of blue, red, yellow and green colored lightning arcs in random towards the enemy bombers, destroying them instantly.

The explosion looked like a tree made of pure energy with numerous branches of red and yellow energy with smoke at the end by the destroyed bombers. Blue and green glitters float around the explosion above the mountain.

It was eerily beautiful.

   A enemy with a officer's uniform  appeared out of nowhere with a large metal glove with big tubes on his left hand. He punched me and our company of mercenaries in one punch, creating a powerful shockwave.

Everything went black.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!