Chapter 63: Global Strike

Months later, after I had esacped the ambush in Bonifacio, I directed the operations under Operation Cross Country.

   Recently, our communications are mostly fixed. The only one that we cannot contact are our other remote, extremely distant bases, inside the Pacific.

  During these operations, I moved base to base.We started coordinating with the other bases all around the world when the communications are now fixed.

   We had gathered different kinds of information about RavenClaw, thanks to our satellites,allied  intelligence gathering agencies, and many more manner of intelligence collection, distribution, and accumulation.

   Bad news is, the enemy keeps getting stronger after every battle. We are now engaged in a hybrid war. Armed organizations that we trained and funded are battling with other armed organizations the RavenClaw had supported.

  Some countries, even the Global Alliance joined the battle.News of the aftermath of our hidden war were broadcasted in the Internet all around the world, without even knowing who truly were fighting.

   Worst of all our forces are divided;more have left Sons of War. Some joined the enemy.Others were not at either side of the theater of battle, but all of them want to kill us.

  We are just a shell of our former glory right now. If we haven't been forced to cooperate with Boss's reckless actions, we'll have a 50 percent chance of winning.

   At least the Global Alliance will fund and support us. They've been helpful so far with gathering intel, logistical support, military support and funding us. They are our most powerful allies that we can rely on right now.

  They will cover up the catastrophe that we will about to begin.

    I walked in the command center in one of our brand new Global Strike bases; a integral part of the structure of Project Absolute Contingency. Personnel who will participate in the launch sat on their workplaces facing their Holo-screens. Facing us is a giant holographic map of the world.

  All available live topographical information are displayed here.

  The known location of our bases and the enemy's bases were displayed. Our bases span across the world, but so is our enemy's.

  Fortunately they were outnumbered 5:3.

   The available almost real-time information about the mobilization of our troops and the enemy's are also displayed.

   A great distance away, my younger brother is commanding the Spartan Guard at Western Europe taking back our strategic autonomous missile defense systems against the enemy.

   The war is at a global scale, with two superpowers for hire warring against each other for the first time in history.

  The enemies are giving us a extremely difficult time.

   I sat at the middle of the control panel, in control of all of our Global Strike missiles in the world, coordinating with the our missile bases and the Global Strike silos of some member-states of the Global Alliance.

   I will press the big red button that will cripple the enemy's advances even further.

  While this was happening, a great number of people still live their lives harmoniously as it is. I thought about the extremely friendly and hospitable people in Levi's church. Looking back, it feels different, no, it feels like the polar opposite of the modern chaos of the world.

  He isn't joking that the church is the most safest place that anyone could ever imagine. For some odd reason, in there, I dont have to worry about anything; even in my own home, I still felt in danger. According to Adrian, it is because it is the "household of God."