Chapter 11: Bodyguard Duty

I woke up on the very comfortable bed inside the luxury suite of the 5-star hotel.

     I opened the thick curtains in the room. I saw the sun rising on the horizon of the fortified Egyptian metropolis. The tallest buildings are like the pillars of the sky; they reach out of the highest clouds.

   I got dressed in my bullet-resistant suit and tie to meet the man we have to protect and to eat breakfast with him. I readied my machine pistol and my throwing knives and I holstered them in my suit. I put on my sunglasses.and I got out of my room.

    I walked to the hotel's glass elevator. I pressed the button to the ground floor. The elevator descended to the ground floor of the hotel. People were bustling in and out of the numerous gift shops and restaurants.

  Numerous people gathered around the statue shaped like a golden fish that is also a fountain.

    In the fountain the water danced with the light below it. The hotel's speakers played relaxing, slow piano music. I walked to the restaurant where the Egyptian Secretary of Homeland Security is eating his breakfast.

   With him is my brother wearing the same clothes as me but grey in color and Vince with a beige suit and tie. My brother is looking at me with a pouty face. I sat down with them.

   "Are you the other bodyguard they were talking about?" he points to my companions.

"Yes."

"Good."

   We shake hands. His hands are very sweaty. I rubbed my hands with a tissue under the table to avoid being rude. The secretary is dark-skinned, small, has visible Arabic features and completely bald.

   He is dressed in his pajamas, which is very ridiculously hilarious. I tried to avoid laughing in front of him, but I simply turned my head to the back and let out a giggle.

   I guess if you and your cronies ruled the country with a iron fist, you can wear anything without being ridiculed,because of the peoples' fear of being put to death when they laughed at them.

  I walked to the buffet line and I put different kinds of food on my plate and I proceed to get salad from the salad bar and I filled my cup with iced-tea. I traveled to our table, sat down on my chair and ate.

   Ten meals and 15 glasses of iced-tea later we finished eating. The secretary burped. Me and my companions avoided to laugh at him, holding our breaths until our cheeks are bloated. We let out a deep breath together while he ate.

   We walked to the glass elevator at the atrium and we ascended to the highest floor in the hotel, the 1000th floor, where his room is the whole floor.

We arrived at the 1000th floor.

   To our front a lighted corridor to a dark, glossy,wooden door with numerous lines made of platinum and gold forming different pattern. A platinum plaque above the door has words engraved on it.

"Ammon Calvin, The Golden Eye of Egypt."

    Then, a very complicated security scanning pod rose from the floor. The secretary got inside the pod and the pod's glass door closed behind him. The pod scanned his body with blue lasers lights. Then the pod glass door opens. The door to his room opened and we walked to the room.

"Wow." I blurted out.

The room is more 50 times more luxurious and grand than my hotel room.

   The floor is a aquarium full of aquatic life. The bottom of the aquarium is full of corals. It is very deep. A shark swims below me. The room has many rooms and a glass staircase with gold rails to another floor with rooms surrounding the room.

  To our front, red carpeted stairs ascended to a long wooden desk with a platinum plated office chair and a Holo-screen showing different live footage of different security cameras on the hotel. Behind the desk is a giant window overlooking the cityscape.

"Im going to change clothes for a bit." the secretary said.

He ran to the stairs to the second floor and had gone inside a room.

"This is a room? "It is more like a mansion." my brother said.

" Yes." I answered.

"That l-"

"This whole place is monitored."I scolded.

"Okay. But that little bald man uses the money of the people to his put more money in his pockets when it is already full and not giving back to the people who deserve it. " he whispered with a tone of ferocity.

"There is nothing we could do about it." I scolded."That's how the world works."

   Hours later the secretary wore a gold-colored suit and tie, grey pants, pink coat, and holding a scepter with a large diamond on top.

   It looks really ugly. Even I know he doesn't have a sense of fashion.

"Do I look awesome?" the secretary asked.

We avoided laughing.

"Yes." I hid my sarcasm.

  We got to the secretary's private elevator. We descended to a parking area. In the parking lot,a golden armored limousine. We got inside the golden limousine. We drove out of the parking lot and we drove to the hotel's cobblestone road to the gate. A dropship hovers above the limousine. My brother got out of the limousine.

"See ya later."He climbed the rope from the dropship.He boarded the dropship and its doors closed.

The decorative metal gates automatically opened, with some uniformed security personnel on each side of the gate.

We drove out of the gate to continue our journey.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!