Chapter 17: Sea of Poison

I woke up to the sound of sirens and screaming.

   I opened the curtains and I saw the whole city full of green, noxious gas on the streets. People are instantly melting on the streets. The taller buildings are crumbling slowly because of the acidic gas. Cars are slowly turning into piles of rust.

   I gotta get out of here.

   I packed my bags and I opened the door. I ran until I collided with a fat, white person. Upon impact I bounced backwards. It was Vince.

" Holy s-" exclaimed Vince.

"Sorry." I apologized.

We stood up.

" Kite and your brother is on the rooftop! Lets go!" he commanded.

"Sure." I replied.

We ran to the emergency exit. We ran up to the stairwell.

Thankfully no one is up the stairs.

   But when ran to the door and opened it, I was wrong.

Many people are on the rooftop. The dropship hovered over them. We cant board it.

   Vince took out a thick black metal tube with a pistol grip and a trigger group, a scope, rail mounts and a adjustable tripod. He assembled them together. I realized that he is assembling a grappling gun.

    Vince shot a grappling hook attached to a cable from the grappling gun to the nearest building. The dropship moved towards the building.

     We got the hooks for the zip line. We attached a pole to the cable in our side. We disassembled the grappling gun and we put it in Vince's backpack.

   We slid down the cable to the other building.I looked down. The ground is filled with green, acidic gas, that seems to move by itself menacingly. 

   We slid down to the rooftop. We ran inside to the dropship's door. Then, we sat down on the chairs.

"Where did you get that grappling gun?" I asked.

"I bought it from a friend from the Kollective. I never used it before." Vince answered.

"You mean the crazy militia that invaded Madagascar just for shits and giggles?" I recalled.

"Exactly." He clarified.

"Well, thanks for the grappling gun. If it weren't for you, we would never got out of there. " I remarked.

" You're welcome." Vince answered.

   I stared at the windows. I saw a few people trying to climb our zip line we set up with their bare hands. I notice that the acidic gas is not touching the hotel. But a missile struck the hotel, causing it to crumble with the people at the rooftop. The other building we escape from crumbles with the zip line we created. People fell into the acidic gas and melted into puddles of flesh.

    My brother rubbed his non-cybernetic eye. His palms get sweaty whenever he's sad.He is lost in thought.

"Get used to it, You cannot prevent death by crying when it is already happened." I scolded.

"No, I don't mourn the deaths of the people there. I mourn for the one I love." my younger brother replied sadly.

"Who?" I asked.

  "The one I introduced to you at the party, but you are too drunk to remember anything." he answered weakly.

  Suddenly, I remember last night. My younger brother introduced me to his girl. The woman has Arabian features, full of makeup,lithe body, a perpetual smile on her face, one that makes my foolish younger brother fall in love, again.

  "I remember her last words.'I gotta leave this place. You and your friends should leave too. This place is in trouble two hours from now. This is the first time that I'm truly in love with a person as compassionate, sweet, funny, and handsome like you. I'll be disappointed if you die. We will meet again, someday.'"Then she left my room, never to be seen again." my brother blubbered.

   An idea popped on in my head.

"Maybe she knew this will happen, so she escaped. So your 'girlfriend' is still alive somewhere." I suggested.

I almost wanted to say that she caused it. My hunch is going crazy.

"Really?"

"Yes."

   My brothers smile is back. His smallest smile brings me the greatest of joys.

"Well, I will sleep first. I'm really tired." my brother said.

    I remembered Iron and me rescued a man named Jacob, who was telling me about a job offer.

   I remembered the card that Zulu gave me. The card has different shapes, dots,and shapes. I remembered that he said that I will scan the card.

   I'm very curious about this job offer.

   I scanned the white card.

   Words appeared at my Holo's HUD as I selected the DeCrypt_launcher.exe,a Holo program made by Vince when he was bored.

Welcome to the DeCrypt_launcher.exe

DECRYPTION SOFTWARE: INITIATED

SCANNING-10%

SCANNING- 30%

SCANNING- 70%

SCANNING-100%

:DATA DECRYPTED:

IF YOU DECRYPT THIS
YOU HAVE BEEN
OFFERED A JOB
BY THE GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE FORCE
( GIF)
or
the
GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE PART OF OUR AGENCY
CALL THE FOLLOWING:

NSA-1
LSA-2
NR-3
FP-4
B-5
MAC-6
T-7
UNAR-8
BR-9
UKR-0

AVERAGE SALARY: 2,000,000,000c PER MONTH

THANK YOU.

"We utilize information for maintaining peace, order and security for the whole world."

  I'm still thinking about the offer.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!