30

The entire line fell silent, the only thing that could be heard were Grayson's shaky breaths.

Once the silence started to become suffocating, I decided to break it, "Grayson?"

"Lin?"

"Why'd you call?" He hesitated at my question until he covered up with his old ways, as if everything was normal.

"Cause we haven't talked in weeks, starting to think you're avoiding me."

"A-are you being serious right now?"

"What?"

"You have labeled me as Europe's biggest slut & you have the nerve to act like everything is okay?"

"I didn't think anyone would notice I was gone."

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" He remained silent & I used this time to continue on my angry rampage.

"So as long as Grayson doesn't get in trouble, Grayson can do whatever he wants right? Since that's clearly what you're used to."

"I didn't ask for those paparazzi's to be there okay! I-I didn't think anyone would notice I was gone!"

"Well why didn't you tell me in the first place! We're friends, friends tell each other these types of things. And honestly it isn't even the hate that bothers me, it's the fact that someone who was supposed to be my friend lied to me about wanting to spend time with me-"

"I couldn't stay there okay!" I fell silent & he took the opportunity to continue.

"I couldn't stay there when my father was breathing down my neck to make sure I kept Elle pleased, someone I never wanted to date in the first place! I didn't want to tell you why I left because I didn't want to disappoint you since I know how important family is to you, I thought you would judge me." I ran a hand over my face as I leaned on one of the tables.

"I just wanted to be with my friends & it was the first time I didn't feel lonely on Christmas in a very, very long time. I'm sorry I lied to you, Lin but I wouldn't take back the Christmas we spent together, not for one second."

"I wouldn't either." I broke out into a smile at his last words, his previous ones never leaving my mind.

"You don't have to hide things from me just because you think I'll be disappointed. You're one of my closest friends & we need to trust each other, promise me no more secrets?"

"I promise Lin, no more secrets."