Walking in to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised by the look. Stella had really pulled through.

Waiters walked past carrying trays of champagne and I picked up 2 glasses before turning back to Christian.

"Ok so I have a lot of people to talk to so please stay out of trouble."

"What don't want me to join my fiancé princess?"

"Not really so why don't I go that way and you go that way and we all enjoy our night"

"No can do princess, daddy dearest is watching and I like my company not being bankrupt"

What? My father was here. Shit! Turning around to where Christian was looking I saw my father and ivy walking around the room. Of course he would be here today to keep an eye on our first official public appearance. It definitely would not be to support the children's hospital.

Groaning I turned back around to face Christian.

"Fine let's go I have people to talk to. Don't say anything stupid" I grabbed his hand in mine and dragged him in the opposite direction of my father.

Halfway through the night, I was thoroughly impressed by the way that the night was going. People were donating and everyone was commenting on how much of a success the gala was. I was especially surprised by the way that Christian talked with many of the guests. I could understand why his father was happy to pass the company on to his son.

On a more depressing note, I could see from the corner of my eye my father approaching is from where we were talking. Currently Christian and I were talking to a couple who owned a construction company on downtown New York but upon seeing my father standing behind us quickly scurried off in the opposite direction with some shit balls excuse about needing a drink. Was my father really that scary? I mean if he was how does he get so many girls. Oh my god I'm marrying my father. Christian is rude but gets all the girls. Go me!

"Christian, Sasha, how are you this evening?"

"Father we are well, you? What are you doing here?"

" I came to make sure you both don't screw up. We wouldn't want you two to screw up the deal now would we?"

"No of course we wouldn't so father if you would excuse us..." I didn't say anymore but pulled Christian away towards the dance floor because it was the only way to avoid my father. The one place I know my father will never go is the dance floor.

Once we stepped on the floor the last song ended and 'At Last' by Etta James started.

At last my love has come along
My lonely days are over and life is like a song, oh yeah
At last the skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up clover the night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill I've never known, oh yeah
You smiled, you smiled oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in Heaven
For you are mine at last

Oh god, well this is awkward now. As the song played Christian took my hand in his and wrapped his other hand around my waist. Resting my other arm on the base of his neck I let him lead the dance. As we swayed to the song, I relaxed and rested my head on is shoulder. I should not be so comfortable with this position. I should be pushing him away, not leaning against him. My head was desperately telling me to walk away while the rest of my body allowed Christian to hold me.