Spain x Reader: When it was me

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

     "Aw c'mon Dudette you have to come! It'll be so much fun!" Alfred's voice ran over the phone. "No thank you Alfred." I said with a sniffle and reached to grab a tissue. "(Y/n) it's been a week since that douche Gilbert broke up with you. You have to get out and have a little fun, maybe even find someone new." Alfred tried to persuade me. "Alfred, Gilbert's your friend, how could you say that so casually about him?" I asked, but it's true Gilbert had been a douche. He broke up with me for some pretty slut, yeah I admit it, she's pretty. Gorgeous really. Way prettier than I am. "Yeah he may be my friend (Y/n), but he seriously was being one." Alfred said, "Please?" I took into consideration what Alfred said. Maybe I would meet someone new, maybe we would become friends and then lovers. But would I really be able to move on that quickly? Especially when Gilbert and his slut would be there? 'Alfred's right, I do need to get out and have some fun.' "Alright Alfred, I'll come to your karaoke party." I said finally giving in. "Yes finally! Don't worry you won't regret your decision!" Alfred cheered then hung up. "I hope you're right Alfred." I mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright." I told myself as I stood in front of Alfred's door. 'You're going to do it! You are strong and beautiful and you're going to show Gilbert what he lost! And is missing out on.'  I thought. But in order to do that I had to dress the part. I chose to wear a black crop-top that said she-devil on it in big white letters, dark gray skinny jean, black boots, a studded belt with black and white studs, and cuff bracelets that also had black and white studs. I knocked on the door confidently. "Dudette! You made it! And boy you look hot and confident." Alfred said opening the door. "I feel confident!" I exclaimed with a smile. "Great! Keep that confidence, we're just about to start the karaoke." Alfred said, stepping to the side to let me in. I saw a lot of familiar faces, and new faces too. There was Matthias, Lukas, Tino, Berwald, Emil, Arthur, Francis, and even Yao was here! So far I don't see Gilbert anywhere.

     It's currently my turn to sing, I'm feeling slightly nervous, but not that much. I'm the fourth one to go up and sing. Matthias, Alfred, and Gilbert went up and sang Young Volcanoes by Fallout Boy; Arthur and Francis sang Love is an open door as a dare. Peter and his brother and his "girlfriend" Wendy, we all ship them, came up and sang I'm just a kid by Simple Plan. And that brings us to me. I took a deep breath and let it out then grabbed the mic and walked up on the stage as the music started. I took a deep breath and sang, "Oh, no. Yeah, yeah." I had decided to sing When it was me by Paula DeAnda, not to say I wanted Gilbert back, oh no, but to finalize things in my own way.

  "She's got green eyes, and she's 5'5"

    Long brown hair all down her back

    Cadillac truck

    So the hell what

    What's so special about that?"

     It's true she does have green eyes and long brown hair, the truck too. My eyes wandered over to Gilbert and his new girlfriend, he had his arm slug over her shoulder. She was talking to him, but he didn't seem to be listening. Gilbert was staring at me, a light blush on his already pale face.

   "She used to model, she's done some acting

     So she weighs a buck o'five

     So I guess she's alright if perfection is what you like

     Oh, oh, and I'm not jealous, no I'm not

     Oh, oh, I just want everything she's got (No)

     Oh, oh, you look at her so amazed"

     That no in the background came from none other that Elizabeta, we're the best of friends. Sh used to be Gilbert's girlfriend until she broke up with him after finding out he was cheating on her. Now she hates him and wouldn't mind beating him for me. Elizabeta had tried to warn me about him, now I wish I had listened to her.

     Gilbert's girlfriend had modeled for some time, but she got bored of it and decided to do some acting. She had almost gotten accepted for the role of Claire in Jurassic World, but Bryce Dallas Howard had obviously gotten the job in the end. So now Gilbert's girlfriend works as a bartender at one of the bars Gilbert goes to. That's how they met.

   "I remember way back when you used to look at me that way

     Tell me, what makes her so much better than me (So much better than me)?

     What makes her  just everything that I can never be?

     What makes her your every dream and fantasy?

     Because I can't remember when it was me"

      I looked away from Gilbert and my eyes traveled over to a man I haven't see before. He had messy chocolate brown hair and green eyes that sparkled with happiness, even though a man with dark brown hair was yelling at him. He had tan sun-kissed skin. He was wearing a collared light brown shirt that was unbuttoned a bit, showing of his toned chest, a red belt, darker brown skinny jeans, and black sneakers. He was more than a little bit handsome, and hot. The man turned away from his "friend", I don't know what to call the man that was just yelling, and faced the stage. He green eyes locked with my own (e/c) eyes, and I averted my gaze back to the rest of the crowd. 

   "And now you don't feel that same

    I remember you would shiver every time I said your name-"

  "-What makes her so much better than me?

    (What makes  her so much better than me?)

     What makes her just everything I can never be?

     What makes her your every dream and fantasy?

     Because I can't remember when it was me

     When it was me

     When it was me

     When it was me"

     Once the music ended Elizabeta and I took a bow as the crowd started roaring with cheers. As we exited the stage I couldn't help but look for the man from before, he caught my eye, but he was no where to be seen. "Thank you again Elizabeta for going up there and signing with me." I said one we were off the stage and the next person was up. It was Michell and she was singing Sweet Dream by Beyonce. "No problem. As I told you before I"m you're friend and it's what we do. And I never mind when it comes to getting back at Gilbert." Elizabeta said with a smile. "But I better go now. I have to find Roderich to make sure Gilbert doesn't harass him, and you have a visitor." Elizabeta said before turning around and walking off. 'A visitor?' I thought turning around to see the man from the crowd. "That singing was excellent, you have a beautiful voice Chica*." The man said. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I looked down at the floor. "Thank you...um." I said looking back up at the man. "Oh how rude of me, I'm Antonio Fernandez Carriedo, but you can call me Toni." He introduced himself with a laugh.  "Thank you Toni. I'm (Y/n) (L/n)." I said putting my hand up for a hand shake. "Le invitamos** (Y/n), it's nice to meet you." Toni said, shaking my hand with a smile. "You too."

     "Hey (Y/n), what do you think of singing a song with me?" Toni said after we had been talking for a bit. "Well what song did you have in mind?" I asked, considering going up and singing my new found friend. "Well I was thinking we don't talk anymore by Charlie Puth." Antonio said, a hopeful look in his eyes. "Sure!" I said, excited to sing one of my favorite songs with my new friend.

     'I have a feeling this is the start of a new, exciting adventure.'

_________________________________________________________________________________

*Chica: Girl (Spanish)

**Le invitamos: You're welcome (Spanish)

     There you go, I don't know about you, but if I knew that song I would have felt a little nervous to read this chapter. But that's just me. Tanto tiempo para ahora! -Rosa (Amestris)

Tanto tiempo para ahora!: So long for now!