Nordics x reader: Flashpaper

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

   'I can't believe I have to be at this stupid world conference where nothing ever gets done when I could be at home doing fun science experiments!!!' I thought angrily while propping one elbow up on the table and placed my head in my hand. 'Ugh I can't wait until this meeting is over.' I thought will drumming my fingers, on my other hand, on the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Alright this meeting is adjourned. The next one will be held in Helsinki, Finland." I stood up grabbing my things and pushing in my chair. 'Finally, now maybe I can go home, get some paperwork done, then go to the lab and do some science experiments.'  I thought while stretching. On my way out the door I was stopped by an obnoxious voice calling my name.  (I bet you can all guess who that is.) "(C/n) you like science right?" Denmark asked. "Well, um, yeah. I love all types of science. There's biology, chemistry, geography, oceanography, archeology, astronomy-" I said, rambling of names of sciences I like, going into my happy state.  "So does that mean you'll make some flash paper for me?" Denmark asked. Happy state shattered. "What?" (serious voice)

   "I said, 'will you make some flash paper for me?'" Denmark said, the happiness in his voice never faltering. "Flash paper isn't even a scientific experiment." I said,  successfully keeping me irritation hidden. "Anyone can get flash paper and set it up." I said. "I know, but I don't have any. And I know you have a stash of flash paper at home in your lab." Denmark said. "Why you! You went in my lab?!" I yelled.  "Yeah I was looking for you and the door was wide open." Denmark explained. 'I must've accidentally left the door open. (Alright *pause* if you haven't gotten this yet, you are a nordic and live with the rest of the norics, kay? Okay, good. *play*) "You do realize you could literally make poor-man's flash paper (pretty much home made flash paper) out of tissue paper and hair spray, right?" I said, pressing my hand to my forehead. I was getting a headache from all of this. "Well, yeah. But it's not as fun that way!"

   "You didn't know that did you?"

   "No I actually didn't."

   "Thought so."

   "But will you please make some flash paper? Pleeeaaase." Denmark pleaded, giving me the puppy eyes. Oh I hate to admit it, but I just can't resist his puppy eyes. I finally, reluctantly agreed. "Fine! But you need to give me 24 hours! And that means, NO SNEAKING INTO MY LAB!!!"

  "Okay, can do! Oh and can you make enough for six people? Elsker dig kaere!*" Denmark said, before dashing off. "Wait, what is that supposed to mean?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The sound of knocking disturbed my silence. I set down my lighter and made my way to the door. When I was in front of the door that led to the hallway I heard Norway say, "Why did you drag us down here?" Instead of opening the door right away I decided to eavesdrop. Mature, I know. "Because, I had (C/n) make us some flash paper!" Was Denmark's reply. "You dragged us down here for flash paper?" (I'm going to switch to using their names now.) Lukas asked. "It's really fun! Or it seems really fun from  what I've observed. (Y/n) really seems to like flash paper since she's using it all the time." Matthias said. 'So he has sneaked (yes sneaked, sneaked is actually correct, not snuck) into my  lab on purpose! And what he said yesterday was a lie! That jerk!'

   "Matthias you jerk! You lied to me about when you went into my lab, you've been sneaking in for months haven't you!" I shouted, flinging the door open. Matthias let out a very unmanly shriek and jumped back, which resulted in him jumping into Berwald's arms. Who in return just dropped Matthias. "I-I don't know what you're talking about (Y/n)." Matthias said, avoiding eye contact. "You're lying." I said. "No I'm not." Matthias said, still avoiding eye contact. "You're avoiding eye contact."

   "Um, why don't we just go into the lab?" Tino asked. I smiled and said, "Sure. Come on in guys." I stepped aside and let them walk in. Matthias let out a sigh of relief and walked in after everyone else. I stopped him by grabbing his arm. "Don't you dare think this conversation is over." I said. I then walked back into the room and picked up the lighter. I lit the candle and picked up a sheet of flash paper. "If you don't mind my asking, what is so interesting about flash paper?" Tino asked. "It's not so much that it's interesting as it is cool. And Matthias' assumption is correct it is really fun." I explained. I then put one side of the flash paper into the fire  and lifted it out of the fire. When the fire got close to where I was holding the paper I threw and let it finish burning. "Woah. That looks so much cooler up close!" Matthias exclaimed. "Can I do it next?" Matthias asked. "Yes, but first let me explain how to do this with out getting your self burned." I said. "Okay so you grab a piece of flash paper," I picked up another piece of flash paper. "You grab one corner, you see how I grabbed the top right, well you are going to put one of the corners into the fire, I prefer in this case to put the bottom left into the fire." I said putting the bottom left corner of the flash paper into the fire. "You then lift it out of the fire, once it has caught on fire obviously, and once it gets close to your fingers you kind of flick your wrist as you throw the paper up." I finished explaining as I flicked my wrist throwing the paper.

   I stepped aside and let Matthias take a piece of flash paper. "Please, just try to not burn yourself." I sighed, as Matthias put the flash paper into the fire. I stood not to far behind Matthias so I could supervise.  I mean sometimes he's just like a child in a man's body! Matthias threw the piece of flash paper and stepped to the side. Instead of almost immediately going out the flame of flash paper started floating towards me. "WOah!" I exclaimed and backed up right into the wall behind me. The flame went out a few inches away from my face. I let out a sigh of relief and said, "That was a little to close for comfort." I looked around at everyone's shocked faces, and couldn't help letting out a laugh. The rest soon joined in on the laughter.

    I love my family even if sometimes they get on my nerves...especially Matthias.

______________________________________________

   *Elsker dig kaere: Love you dear  (Danish)

  *Vedere di seguito: see you later (Italian)

So what did ya think? Come on don't be shy. Tell me! Vedere di seguito! -Rosa (Amestris)