S i x t y N i n e

Matts POV

"When we're you wanting to officially adopt Louis babe?" I asked Ellena as she elegantly made her way around the kitchen preparing dinner as I set the table, between the two of us, I'd say we made it look effortless.

"I wanted to do it sooner rather than later, that way if my parents try anything like taking him back there and making his miserable again, it's a lot harder for them and they'll more than likely be refused access," she nodded to herself, clearly contemplating her options, "I know they did all the paperwork to make him mine legally but still, I want it all to be official,"

I nodded, understanding fully what she was implying, she wanted us to cover all our bases and make it impossible for them to suddenly take him back, "You know another reason why I want to marry you?"

"Why?" She smiled, tilting her head to the side as if she was scrutinising my expressions, trying to get a read on me.

"I obviously want it primarily because I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life, I want you to have my name as your own, but I want Louis to as well," I glanced down at my feet, shuffling them a little as the nerves crept up on me and I flushed a shade of red.

"Are you sure?" Her voice was almost a whisper, glancing up I saw she was stood in front of me now, her back against the kitchen counter, tears were gathering in her eyes.

"Never been more sure of anything in my life Ell, I want to marry you, I want to be Mr and Mrs Daddario and then I want us to adopt Louis together and then he'll have our name and fuck I want so much with you but first I want us to marry and that little boy to be the first of our family ok?" I was rambling now, everything that had plagued my mind for over a week bubbling out, I was probably overloading Ellena and I wasn't even sure how she was processing all of this, "I know it's a lot and I know to some people they might think it's quick but honestly, this is our relationship, our lives and it's what we want and feel that matters,"

Ellena walked towards me, stopping directly in front and reaching her hands out, interlocking them round my neck. My hands took their place on her waist, pulling her forward so she met my chest, all the while she was looking up at me, "Do you have any idea how perfect that all sounds to me?"

"Wait, you don't think it's too much or what others will say?"

"I honestly couldn't care less what others think? The only people I care about are those in the house now and all our friends, your family, my brother and Jackson, and pretty sure they'll be all we need at the wedding anyway, it's their support that's helped us get to where we are and screw what others say. Sure they'll be people who always remind us that Louis isn't ours and that's he's just my brother, they'll be people who go nuts over the fact it's not been a year yet, they'll be people who love to remind us of our schedules and say that long distance never works but all I care about is what you think and what Louis needs,"

"Do you want him to be ours soon then?" I asked, leaning down so my nose gently touched hers.

"Yeah, I really do," she nodded, her eyes closing momentarily, "Do you?"

"I want nothing more," I grinned, kissing her, my hands cupping her face, thumbs running across her cheeks before I pulled away, "But first I want to marry you,"

She paused momentarily, her mind working overtime as she thought of something, I could see the gears turning in her head as she hit her lip and scrunched her eyebrows up, "I have an idea," she stepped backwards, our hands still intertwined, "Did you want a big wedding? A nice but personal one? A small one? Like what did you envisage when you decided to ask me?"

"Honestly I wasn't to bothered about details, I just saw us, I saw Louis and us all with those we care about, as long as those things are there when we get married it could be a big celebration or a small one and I would be the happiest most luckiest man alive,"