T w e n t y N i n e

Matts POV

The sun was shining through the blinds, lighting up the room when I awoke, meaning I had to blink a few times to see properly before I dare even move.

Switching my gaze from left to right I saw an empty bed beside me and my heart sped up and dropped from my chest simultaneously, realising she'd already left me; whether it's because I've freaked her out or for other reasons I'm not sure but it hurt all the more to not see her beautiful face beside mine first thing.

I sighed, laying back on the bed, reaching out for my phone and unlocking it, opening Instagram once I saw I'd been tagged in a photo, also avoiding opening my messages, not wanting the pain to become a reality just yet.

Instagram

@itsellenayo tagged you in a photo

@itsellenayo the face I gave everyone this morning when they told me I had to go out

Tagged @MatthewDaddario

38.6k likes 373 comments

Who told her she had to leave? Why did she go? Why didn't she wait for me to wake up, so we could talk?

My phone vibrated again as another notification came from Instagram telling me Ellena had uploaded a photo.

@itsellenayo when his comfort is the number one priority. he's lucky he's my #1 guy 🙄

34.3k likes 462 comments

She had made sure I was completely unidentifiable and hadn't tagged me in it, which was a relief because I didn't want anyone hassling her about the photo or who she was.

The photos being uploaded told me she wasn't mad at me though, she'd taken a photo of me sleeping and said I'm her number one guy, so why had she left? Why wasn't she here with me? Maybe she was a little freaked out over us sharing a bed?

"Overthinking things Matty?" A voice called out, reliving me if all my worries at once with just one sentence.

My head shot to the open door on my left, one I hadn't even heard open because I was that engrossed in my own thoughts, to see Ellena stood there smirking. She was leaning on the door frame, dressed in the white baggy shirt of mine from last night and a pair of Ems shorts, her hair cascaded by her shoulders.

"Maybe a little," I blushed, glancing down at my phone, "Figured you'd woken up, saw us sharing a bed and in different clothes, freaked and left me,"

"I'll admit it threw me a little and I was so confused, but i remember most of last night and I've seen my oh so cringeworthy messages," she laughed, her cheeks a deep crimson, "Sorry if I was a pain last night,"

"It's fine honestly, I was just worried about you," I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, "I just wanted to get you safe I guess,"

"Aww, you're adorable," she walked forward, standing between my legs and crouching down in front of me, my gaze casting down to look at her, "I got you coffee," she smiled, holding a styrofoam cup in front of me.

"Oh thank god, you're the best," I chuckled, closing my eyes and thanking the gods for this woman in front of me, then pressing a kiss to her forehead without even thinking about it, "Oh, um I'm sorry- I - I just-" I began stammering, terrified I'd screwed up, "I didn't me-"

I didn't get a chance to finish my apology though as Ellenas lips crashed with mine, my hands placing the coffee on the beside table and then automatically picking her up and placing her in my lap, our lips not breaking apart once as they moved together, perfectly in sync.

"Hey Matt did- OH MY GOD THE SHIP HATH SAILED MY ATTENDANTS!" Harry screamed as he jumped up and down, causing Ellena so scramble off my lap and side down beside me, burying her head in my shoulder in embarrassment.

"WHAT WHAT WHAT," I heard Em squeak as she and everyone else appeared in the doorway.

"Dammit Harry the ship can't sail now you've interrupted it!" Dom yelled, making Isaiah chuckle.

"What was it doing? How was it sailing? I missed it!" Kat whined.

I shot Harry a look, pleading with him silently to keep it quiet and not say a word, "They, they, never mind, he's shooting me daggers! EVACUATE THE SHIP, ABORT MISSION!" he called, backing away and closing the door.

"Let's get out of here,"