F o r t y S i x

Matts POV

"Hey it's Ellena, I'm obviously to busy to answer, maybe I'm lazy or maybe I'm just ignoring you... haha just leave a message and I'll get back to you, or I won't who knows,"
•••

"You have one new message, press one to hear the-" I hurriedly pressed one, wanting nothing more than to hear it, to hear Matts voice.

"Baby please answer the phone, I'm so fucking sorry, I screwed up again over reacting with that whole Dylan thing and actually thinking their was some truth in it," he sighed, "I don't even know why I thought there was to be honest,"

"I was just so scared when I saw it, I thought that you'd decided I wasn't enough and that you'd be better off with someone you knew and who knew you well, someone who didn't screw up or was insecure about himself and no trust issues,"

"I guess I just needed some time to collect my thoughts and during that time I fucked up even more by asking everyone else to ignore your calls and messages, I guess I just couldn't handle hearing your voice,"

"I know you've been hurting this week, I know you're struggling emotionally and I can imagine you've completely cut yourself off from the world if I know you at all and baby I can't even begin to apologise for being the cause of that pain and isolation,"

"I'm seriously hoping you're still in NY and home otherwise, crap my phones gonna die, ELLENA I NEED YOU TO KNOW THAT-"

The message cut off, his phone having obviously died before he could finish what he wanted to say, "I NEED TO KNOW WHAT?" I yelled to no one in particular, stupidly trying to call him back, even though I knew it was useless and his phone had died.

There was a hasty knock at the door and I groaned, still attempting to call him back as I cursed his phone, "COME ON CALL! WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?"

The rapping on the door continued, over and over consistently knocking, "JESUS DO YOU HAVE NO CHILL IM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW HERE-" I yelled, swinging the door open.

"YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT IM IN LOVE WITH YOU,"

And there stood Matt, panting wildly, tears stained his cheeks and my eyes were wide, tears streaming down my own face, glistening as I took in the sight.

"Say something? Please anything," he was pleading with me but I had nothing to say that hadn't already been said, there was only one thing I needed in this moment, so I leapt forward, jumping into his arms