F i f t y O n e

The second the Uber driver began to pull the breaks in my parents driveway, telling us he would wait for us, him having heard me informing Matt of my previous phone conversation and knowing what was about to happen, I flew out of the car and ran off up the driveway, fury coursing through my veins at what they had once again done to a child of theirs.

I stopped just before the door, my hand poised to knock and waited for Matt to catch up with me, as I realised I'd left him behind when I shot out the door, "You can come in if you'd like, but it's about to get ugly,"

"Honestly baby I don't care, I want to stand beside you and support you on this," he smiled, pecking my forehead.

"Not exactly the way people like to meet parents though is it? Their daughter ripping their heads off?" I chuckled, trying to lighten the situation at hand before I go in and lose my temper, hopefully not scaring Matt away in the process.

"Ordinarily no but we never do anything if it's ordinary do we? Besides they deserve this, they don't deserve it to be called your parents," Matt smiled, kissing both my hands before walking with me to the door.

I didn't bother knocking though, I threw the door open and stalked inside, "Mum? Dad? Where are you?" I began searching rooms, opening doors and taking corridors to areas of the house they most commonly used, but all were empty except for house staff.

"In the conservatory Ellenina," I exhaled heavily at the use of my Sunday name, knowing she used it because I hated it, "Ah there you are my darling, I've been expecting you," she glanced from me to Matt, who stood firmly by my side, "Though I'll admit I thought you'd be alone,"

"Well I'm not alone, this is Matthew," my mother took his outstretched hand and shook it, a small smile gracing her features.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Cormez," Matts tone was pleasant, only I could detect the hostility in it due to our current situation.

"And you too Matthew, Ellena darling you should of called round to say you were bringing somebody, I wasn't expecting any other guest so I haven't prepared anything to eat,"

"It was a last minute decision, but of course you'd have been expecting me, you knew I'd be here the second I found out about Louis,"

"Oh yes, Louis, of course, how could I forget? Your father and I assumed you were here to discuss your choice about-"

"No mother I'm not here to discuss taking over the family business, Nathan wasn't interested and neither am I. We have our own careers,"

My father laughed as I said the word 'career' "No, I'm here to discuss Louis and why he's over at my apartment with my best friend because you've handed him over to me physically and legally,"

"Yes, that would be correct Ellenina, Louis has become too much of an issue, his needs do not fit around our schedules and that has been decided by your mother and I as problematic,"

"And you think he'd fit around your daughters?" Matt frowned, as lost as I as to how this logic even redeems fit to be spoken. Do they not hear what they're saying?

"Yes, she doesn't do anything particularly promising with her time or life and you just heard her turn down the opportunity to take on a branch of the family business, there's no reason why she shouldn't have him," my mother rolled her eyes, obviously thinking we were not understanding.

"Excuse me? I do nothing promising? I'm an actor and a model, I have two very promising careers that earn a comfortable living wage! I'm living the two dreams I had growing up, the two I strenuously worked my arse off for! The two that neither one of you supported me through and I'm doing NOTHING?" My voice was raising now as I slowly walked over to the opposite side of the table they were sat at, "You know, you shouldn't be phrasing it that Louis doesn't fit around your career, it should be that your career doesn't fit around your parental responsibilities because he should always come first," I shook my head, what I wanting to say not formulating properly in my head.

"That's barbaric," my mother shook her head, "You're not making sense,"

"No Mrs. Cormez, what's barbaric is that you're discrediting your daughter for all her hard work, that you disowned your own son because of who he loves and that you don't want your other son because you don't have time," Matt narrowed his eyes as my parents looked confused.

"She hasn't worked a day in her life! She doesn't know what work and struggles are! She'll never know nor will that ridiculous brother of hers!" My father glared at me, daring me to say something.

"They've clearly amounted to something, they both achieved their dreams, they worked hard through school and college to get to where they are and you think they don't know what hard work is?" Matt looked my father dead in the eye as she spoke, his words hitting the mark.

"Young man, I like you but don't give me reason to suddenly change my mind," my father stood up, so Matt grabbed my hand and stood his ground.

"Don't worry sir, I'm about to hand you three reasons to, one I'm an actor, I graduated from NYCU four years ago and have a career within the industry as does your daughter. Two, I'm currently on a TV, playing a role of a man who's falling in love with another man, spoiler alert in case you haven't seen it, I kiss him... a lot and thirdly? I'm in love with your daughter and we plan to be together for a long time and we'll raise your son to be who he wants and what he wants and we'll make a damn sight sure that we don't fuck up like you did or ever think for a second he isn't loved it appreciated for who he is,"

"Ellenina, what is wrong with you? Are you deliberately trying to ruin us?" My father yelled walking round the island to face me, Matt still stood firmly by my side.

"Don't you see you've already ruined yourselves? If people found out you disowned all your children, especially a three year old? You're finished," I took a step closer, "You're not my family, you're merely a disappointment," I turned on my heel, Matt reaching for my hand and leading us out of the room, "I'll be back for the rest of Louis things tomorrow," I yelled, leaving the house.

"Don't bother, I'll have someone send them," mother retorted.

Stepping outside I sighed, the emotions finally catching up with me, "I'm sorry about them," I muttered, knowing Matt was stood right behind me.

"Don't worry about it baby girl,"