T e n

I knew as soon as he said he had to leave and work, that I'd fucked up.

He felt hurt and betrayed that I hadn't told him where I was going or who i was going to see. I knew Matt assumed the worst when I told him I was going to see a cute guy, but then again, I wasn't so sure why he took offence.

We'd only been speaking for a grand total of maybe eight days and it might seem stupid but Matt and his friends were the only friends I genuinely had, that were, well genuine.

It's not through lack of trying of struggles to socialise either, I'm just more comfortable this way.

Then why are you going to see a super cute guy you say?

"Ticket please ma'am?" the security guy held out his hand for my pass which I obliged to hand over for him to scan, "Thank you, if you'll follow the red line through those curtains they're in the room on the left, you're here early so you should get seats right at the front," the man smiled warmly and turned to greet the next group, eager to get through to the signing.

I took out my phone once more quickly snapping a selfie and posting it to Instagram.

@itsellenayo i might look cool and collected but I'm nervous as hell rn.

23.2 likes 472 comments

Walking through the hall to get to the stage the meet and greet was being held at, was absolutely daunting, in a few moments I'd be meeting some of my favourite people in the world and I hadn't even given a single thought as to what I would say.

I quickly found my seat, one at the front of the room with a clear view of the stage and panel, the tickets weren't numbered or seat prioritised, it was just a case of getting here early enough to secure a good seat.

I needed to take my mind of the possibilities of what could happen in the next hour or what they'd even contain, would I freak out? Would I make a fool of myself asking for them to sign my book? Did I even remember my book?

Of course I did, I must of checked a thousand times on the drive to comic con.

Oh yeah, did I mention I was at comic con?