T h i r t y O n e

"So, I take it they're super mad at me because I didn't tell them it was my birthday?" I winced, walking through my apartment door, Matt just behind me with the grocery bags.

"Yeah, they're blowing up the group chat, I daren't check it," he chuckled, placing the bags down on the side, "Umm, can we talk about that kiss? I just, I kinda need to-"

"Um sure," I nodded, suddenly nerves creeping up on me, suffocating me, from the events of four days ago, something one of us was yet to dare address. We'd managed to avoid the topic so far, instead we'd both explored unexplored places in New York, we'd have movie marathons and even started Christmas shopping, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite think that through... I just sort of acted on impulse and attacked you," I chuckled awkwardly, "Sorry, I mean, I'm kinda not sorry because I don't regret it but you do and I am sorry for just jumping your bones and uh what am I even saying? Jesus I'm rambling-" I began stressing and pacing when Matt grabbed my wrist and spun me back round to face him, his nose touching mine.

"You're so cute when you're rambling seriously," he bit his lip, smirking, something he knew drives me crazy because I'd told him, "You're wrong you know?"

"What?" I sucked on bottom lip, desperately trying to contain the obvious want to kiss him again.

"I don't regret it, kissing you back. Only wish I'd been the one to initiate it really," he chuckled, glancing at my lips.

"Then why don't you do-"

He didn't give me the chance to suggest he initiate something now, clearly beating me to the punch as he crashed his lips into mine, obviously I hadn't done a good job as concealing my want to kiss him once more.

His hands tapped the back of my thighs, hinting for me to jump, so obeying his lead I jumped, Matt catching me easily and kicking the door shut before taking me to the couch.

"Fuck, you're so beautiful," he whispered, his body a line with mine as he held himself above me, our noses millimetres apart.

"As are you Matthew," I bit my lip, blush appeared on both our cheeks as we laughed.

"Me beautiful? I'm handsome I'll have you know," he pecked my lips, and twice again.

"I'm not arguing with you there," I smiled, my fingers combing through his hair, something I knew he loved. He lay down, his head resting on my chest and his hands grabbed the blankets that were on the back of the couch, and lay them over us.

"Matt?" I asked, my mind remembering something from the night last week , or at least something I think was from that night.

"Hmmm?" He mumbled as he intertwined our fingers underneath the blanket.

"Did I say anything to you that night? When I was drunk? Before we went to sleep?"

The hesitancy was overwhelming, as I waited for him to confirm that I was delusional and I hadn't in fact said something rather huge and important. And then, "No, nothing that would mean anything,"

Oh.