F o r t y T h r e e

Ellena sat at the table, surrounded by a huge dinner spread she'd prepared for her family, who no surprise had let her down again, making up another excuse about "family businesses" to attend to.

Her phone lit up, probably another text from one of her friends, asking where she's been or why she hasn't responded to anyone today.

Truth is, she was having another one of those days. When you're not sure what's wrong or why you feel so separated from your own life, your feelings and emotions are so fucked up you can't help but feel a little lost and hopeless. The things you usually find bring you happiness, suddenly don't and you don't know how to change it and then the problem of you beginning to question everything you do and stand for in the world.

Ever since her last relationship ended badly, with him being thrown into jail for domestic abuse and her parents continued to emotionally neglect her and their parental duty, she's had these episodes. They came and went quickly and unexpectedly, leaving Ellena with no choice but to shut herself away for a while so she could give her self time to recuperate.

Anything could trigger them, emotional trauma, stress or mass confusion and isolation was her go to. It was the only way she knew how to cope, to shut off social media and spend some time with herself, focusing on her and only her.

But this one felt different, after the guys left New York, leaving promises to visit again soon and not leave it eight months this time, she felt empty.

She'd come back to New York after her work in California was wrapped up, hoping to surprise Matthew but her family called this huge get together, ruining her chances of seeing him again. Then they called to cancel, leaving her hurt and disappointed again but luckily Tyler and Holland where around and they managed to grab lunch, knowing it was exactly what she needed at that moment.

The day following that they knew they were leaving for DC and came round hers to visit, bringing Dylan and everyone else this time and they all had a lazy day like they used to every other weekend before their schedules got so busy.

But now they'd left, she still hadn't seen Matthew and she hadn't heard from him either, which was odd.

Switching the TV on that sat on her dresser she groaned as ENews flashed on screen, the ultimate rumour mill, if there was a small something, ENews sure did love to make it into a full blown deal.

"Get over your-" she didn't finish her sentence though, because her own face was soon flashing across the screen, "Don't even fucking sta-"

"Okay guys get ready for the juiciest story I've heard all week! Model and acting sensation Ellena Cormez has sure landed herself in hot water this week as she publicly confirmed she's involved with best friend and co-star Dylan O'Brien, despite her constant online flirting and love declarations for her so called other "best friend" Matthew Daddario.

"Cormez and O'Brien met back in 2012 when Cormez had a role in hit TV series Teen Wolf and even though she left the show in 2015 to focus on her modelling career, the cast all still remain friends to date. Now Cormez only recently became close friends with Daddario and the other cast members of Freeforms new favourite Shadowhunters but if their online posts are anything to go by, the two became close quickly and with fans and even co-stars commenting on their posts wanting the "ship" to become "canon" we all thought it was a done deal and were ready to get our shirts for our new OTP.

"However last week, O'Briens costar Tyler Posey and Teen Wolfs leading front man posted a snap of a recent cast get together which included a very smoochy Cormez, cuddling up and kissing O'Brien, throwing all our Mellena hearts out of the window with it with them publicly declaring their love for each other on said photograph"

"Reactions to the photo have varied but one stands out for us and that's Matthew Daddarios comment of ' dot dot dot oh' looks like Cormez had some explaining to do, I've been Sarah Fern, have a great day, see ya"