Chapter 53

**Ransom's POV**

"Dammit, Ransom. I swear to Satan that if you don't come back here and move this shit I will kill you." I hear Liviana yell from behind the closet door that I had just pushed her dresser in front of. I put my hands on the door and I can feel her heat burning me even with the door in between. I can't help but feel as if there is going to be more than just this door between us soon and I want to feel her as close to me as possible right now.

"I love you, Liv. Always remember that." I tell her softly through the door before I pull away and walk to the bedroom door.

"Ransom, if you die I will kill you again in hell." Liv tells me in our mind-link but I quickly shut off our connection, not wanting her to know what is going on in my head. I walk into the hallway and lock the door behind me. I make my way to the stairs as I hear people come in through the from door. I sniff the air and I know it is Katarina and Abel. The air reeks of death.

"Can you just leave? You have no reason to be here." Katarina yells at Abel but he ignores her ad moves towards the steps where I am partially hidden by the wall.

"Shut up, witch. I have every right to be here as you do. I'll leave as soon as I finish what I came to do." He sneers at her, making her cringe as he gets in her face.

"You have never been anything more than a selfish, spoiled, conniving, little prick. Just do us all a favor and leave us the hell alone." Katarina hisses at him. I expect him to give a smart comeback but instead he backhands her face, sending her to the ground with a yelp. I race down the steps to kneel next to her and help her get back up.

"So now the little hound wants to make an appearance." Abel smirks at me. "Don't worry, I'm not here for you. Yet. Now, where is Liviana?" He asks while casually walking around the room as if we have just invited him over for coffee or a movie night.

"None of your fucking business. Get the hell out of my house." I say to him through clenched teeth while placing Katarina in one of the arm chairs close by. Abel just rolls his eyes at me before continuing his walk.

"Oh please, this isn't your house. It's Liviana's and the royal family's only." He says and I raise an eyebrow before smirking.

"That makes it mine too. Liviana and I have just gotten married today so that makes me part of the royal family. Or do your demons not keep you updated enough?" I sneer at him, this causes him to stop walking to glare at me.

"I heard about the wedding, but I do not accept the marriage. You are not of royal blood so you are not worthy of marrying a princess. Even if you were the prince of hell hounds, you would not be worthy because you are just a stupid mutt." He yells at me as he lunges with a knife that I hadn't seen until now. I dodge him easily and take a fighting stance, ready for his next attack.

His eyes move around my body as if looking for any sign of weakness and I do the same to him. His right hand is dominant so that'll make his left weaker. I just have to cause damage to his right so he is forced to use his left and then take him down. I think to myself as I pull my arms up in a defensive pose. Abel smirks at me and lunges again, this time I grab his right arm and twist so that the blade is pointing away from me and hold his arm behind his back. Abel tries to move away from me but I hold his arm tight and apply more pressure, almost enough to snap it in half.

"One more move and I'll break it, the knife will go straight into your back and puncture your spine. I swear it. Try me." I hiss in his ear and he cackles at me. A sound that sends chills down my spine.

"Would you really kill your own father-in-law?" He asks in a cocky voice, causing me to be caught off guard. This gives Abel an advantage to break out of my arm lock and spin around, successfully jabbing the knife into my gut. I crumple to the ground, putting my hand around the hilt of the blade but I can't grasp it, the metal burning my hand and abdomen. Iron. Hell-hounds are vulnerable to iron. I pant on the ground, trying to get back on my feet. I need to keep Abel away from Liviana until the guys get here.