Chapter 36 - edited

**Ransom's POV**

I make sure to text Christian and Christopher to not let Liv out of their sight until I find out who was watching us. I change into my hellhound form before I try to find the scent of the creature that saw us. When I do find it, I cringe away. It's the smell of trackers. Death. I run where the scent takes me, trying to catch the disgusting thing before it can report what it saw. Since I'm a full blooded hellhound, I can run faster than most Hell creatures. I run for about five minutes before the tracker is in my range of sight. I run faster and pounce on it when it's a yard away. It's struggles for awhile before it gives up as I wrap my mouth around it's neck, making sure that if it's moves one wrong way, it'll be the last move he makes.

"Who sent you?" I hiss at him, holding him down with all my weight but letting go of his neck so he can talk. Both of us in our human forms so we can communicate properly.

"As if I would tell you anything." He snaps back.

"You will if you know what's best for you." I growl into his ear. He visibly gulps. Trackers are wusses when it comes to threats.

"You can kill me before I talk." He says trying to sound tougher than he was.

"That can be arranged but I'd rather torture you until you're begging to die. Now, who sent you?" I ask this time putting more weight onto him.

"Abel. He wants the girl." He gasps out.

"How many trackers did he send?" I watch as he shakes his head. "Tell me or your death will be very painful."

"Five. But he'll send more if you kill us all." He says with a shaky voice.

"Does he know where we are?" I ask needing to know if Liviana is in danger right now.

"He knows you're on earth but not the exact location. That's why he sent us. He wants her dead and soon." He says then his eyes widen. "He'll kill me for telling you this." He says with fear in his voice.

"Don't worry I'll probably kill you first. One more question. How long do we have till they know you're dead?" I say and his body trembles in fear.

"Maybe a week or more. It'll take them awhile to realize I haven't checked in. Please you have to kill me before they find me. Their torture would be wise than anything you could ever do to me." He says with pleading eyes and a begging tone. Even though he is a disgusting creature and deserves torture, I take pity on him, knowing Abel would torture him for years for his betrayal.

"Thus will be painful." I say to him and move my teeth to his throat, letting them grow to their hellhound length.

"I don't care. I deserve it." He says as I sink my teeth in a little. After he finishes talking I quickly snap his neck, crushing his airway so he can't breath. I make it quick, trying to finish him as soon as I can. His blood falls onto the ground and by the amount I can tell he's dead. I lift myself off of him and watch as his body remains still until the ground rumbles beneath him. The ground swallows him up and envelopes him in a pile of dirt. I guess that's what happens when a hell creature dies on earth. I think to myself as he disappears.

I make sure there are no traces of him left before I make my way back to the school. I go into the bathroom and rinse out my mouth to get rid of the taste of the creature's blood, making sure that there are no signs of blood on clothing before making my way to the cafeteria where everyone still is. I have to talk to Liv. I think to myself. But just as I get to the cafeteria doors, I feel as though I'm about to throw up. Liv. My thoughts go to her immediately. She's probably having a reaction to the tracker blood that I ingested on accident. Hellhounds can fight the blood because we're immune to it but she isn't. And since we have a bond, she can feel what I feel.