Chapter 50 - edited

**Abel's POV**

"Sir, the princess has left the dance with the mutt." My blood boils at the creature's words.

"You were supposed to grab her before she left. What caused you to be distracted from your duties?" I ask the useless tracker. He shows fear in his eyes, making joy appear in mine. I live off of fear.

"Well, she told the mutt something and they left before we could even move in to attempt to grab her. I'm sorry, it wont happen again. We'll get her next time." He says, stuttering over his words.

"You are right, it wont happen again. But you wont get a next time. You have screwed up once and you will do it again. I will not take that chance with something so important. Your service is appreciated but your time is up. You are dismissed." I tell him. The creature has the nerve to shake his head at me.

"Sir, it wont happen again. I wont allow it. Please give me another chance." He begs me and I scoff at his actions.

"Begging will not help you. I gave you one job and you could not complete it. Therefor you are useless to me anymore." I say, dismissing him as I call in my guards to get rid of him.

"Sir, please! I overheard the princess and the hound talking! You need to hear this! Please, just listen!" He begs as the guards start to drag him to the door. I decide to listen even though it will not change his future.

"What did you hear?" I asked in a bored voice. This was just wasting my time and I had somewhere I had to be and someone I had to see.

"They were talking about a child. A baby. One that isn't born yet. The princess is pregnant." He tells me. My blood boils once again but even more than before. I calm myself down. Saving my temper for the person I will be meeting with in a few minutes.

"You are dismissed. Take him away." I tell my guards with a wave of my hand before they pull him away as he screams in fear. His screams only fill me with a sense of joy. If only I had the time to make him feel more pain than he would at the hands of the torturers. "Send her in." I say through my intercom system to the demons waiting outside of my office and within a matter of minutes the woman I've been waiting to see walks through my doors. Instead of walking completely into the room, she stops at the doors as if afraid to come any closer. But she's not afraid. I take one look at her face and know that she is pissed that I called her here.

"What do you want? After all these years you just now decide to take an interest in my life and hers? What is wrong with you?" The woman screams at me. Allowing me to see her hazel eyes go bright with anger. The eyes that had trapped me in the first place and caused this whole problem. I watch as her cheeks flush, making her freckles more noticeable. Her chest rises and falls quickly with her fast breathing, making her long blonde hair that draped over her shoulder fall to the side.

"Katarina, it's always great to see you." I say to her with a smirk. She's pissed with me but I feed off of anger and fear.

"Cut the act, Abel. Why did you call me here?" She asks as she glares at me.

"You know why I called you here. Did you know that Liviana was pregnant by a mutt?" I spit at her and she flinches before glaring at me even more.

"So? What about it? She's married to him so the child isn't out of wedlock. Not that it matters in this family." Katarina replies, mumbling the last part under her breath, thinking I wouldn't hear her but I choose to ignore it.

"She is tainting my families blood-line! She has disgraced her family by letting that stupid hound get her pregnant!" I yell at her and I watch as her face shows disgust. Not from what I said but from who was saying it.

"You want to talk about disgracing blood lines? Do you really want to go there? You, of all people, should know better than to talk about disgracing blood lines by mixing blood." She says in a deadpan voice, completely disgusted with me now.

"Witch blood and hell hound blood are completely different. And besides, she was a mistake just like her child is now." I tell her and watch as Katarina's face goes red with anger. I grin, waiting for her to yell and scream at me but it never happens. Instead she takes a deep breath and steps closer to me.

"That's where you are wrong. Liviana was never a mistake. But who her father is was the real mistake. My daughter has done nothing to you and has never contacted you so I don't know why you are trying to find her now. Leave her alone or so help me I will make the rest of your life miserable. And you know I never break my promises." Katarina tells me, her voice going very dark as she steps closer to me. I step closer to her and lean my head down so I'm right in her face.

"How could you be so beautiful but so stupid all at once? I need her so that I can get to your useless husband. He would do anything to protect her. He might even give me the thrown so I wouldn't harm her. Tell me, Katarina. Does Lucifer know that he is not Liviana's real father?" I ask her and watch as her face falls. "Didn't think so. How do you think he would react when he found out the child he has been raising for 18 years isn't even his daughter? Do you think he would hate her? Maybe even hate you for lying to him for so long?" I ask her and feel more joy than I have in awhile as her face falls with every question I ask. "That's what I thought. Should I tell Liviana the truth or would you like to do the honors?" I ask and Katarina shakes her head quickly.

"Why do you want her to know the truth? It's not like you're interested in becoming a part of her life. What is your plan with her anyway?" She asks me with narrowed eyes which I return with a smirk.

"You don't need to trouble yourself with my plans." I tell her as her eyes darken with anger.

"She is my daughter so anything that has something to do with her is my business." She snaps at me through clenched teeth. I roll my eyes at her.

"That is the second time you have called her your daughter. Are you forgetting that it takes two to have a child?" I ask her and she shocks me by rolling her eyes at me.

"It takes two to make a child but it only takes one to have it. And I was the one who had her and Lucifer was the one who raised her when I couldn't. Lucifer is her dad. And he did a better job than her real father could have ever done." Katarina snaps at me and I grin.

"Then I'll be the one to tell Liviana the truth if you do not want to do it yourself." I tell her and her faces falls even more.

"I'll tell her. You stay the hell away from my daughter or I'll make sure your death is very long and even more painful." Katarina says through clenched teeth. I return her angry look with a smirk.

"If you don't tell her by tomorrow, I will tell her everything. I promise you that. And I don't break my promises either." I tell her, which she replies to by scoffing and rolling her eyes.

"You broke more than one promise with me so don't even try that. I'll tell her but you stay the hell away from her. I mean it Abel." She tells me and I grin. She couldn't stop me if she killed me. I'll see my plan through and make sure I get what I want in the end.

Soon, Liviana will know who her real father is.

Soon, the King family blood line will be cleansed.

And soon, I will become the rightful king of Hell.