Chapter 23 - edited

It's now the beginning of October, a month has passed of classes and hanging out with my new friends, my cousin, and the boys. The human world seems to be a great place. My teachers are nice to me and the guys. All the girls in the entire school still fawn over them the whole day. I catch guys staring at me but I ignore all of them. Ransom and I have officially agreed to be together about a week after we found out we were bonded.

My grandmother told me that my father is still looking for Abel, but they don't have any leads. I asked if I could see him or talk to him but she said it could lead Abel to my location, so I didn't ask again. I miss my home. Some days I feel extremely home sick but then Ransom and Christian cheer me up by taking me somewhere new. I miss my maids, not because they took care of me, but because they were always fun company. I bet Rosie is remaking my bed even though no one has slept in it. Julia would be reorganizing my closet by color order. And Lily would be dusting off my book shelves to keep the books in good condition. My daydream is interrupted by my phone ringing. I look down to see its Diamond.

"Hey, Diamond. What's up?" I say as I lift myself off my bed and walk out of the room.

"Hey, Liv. I have a question for you and the guys." She says.

"Okay, hold on. They're downstairs so I'll get them real quick." I say and quickly run down the stairs to the living room where Ransom and Christian are playing a video game. Once I get there I put the phone on speaker and sit on the arm of the couch next to Ransom. "Okay, you're on speaker. What's the question?" I ask and the guys pause the game to listen.

"What are you all doing for Halloween?" She asks.

"What's Halloween?" I ask confused. I hear her gasp and flinch away when she yells.

"You don't know what Halloween is?!" She shouts so loud that I almost drop my phone.

"Umm, no?" I say quietly, not wanting her to yell again.

"Okay, that will not do. I'm gonna grab the girls and we'll be right over to explain what it is. I can't believe you don't know what Halloween is!" She yells and before I can even say goodbye or anything, she hangs up.

I turn to the guys who have confused expressions on their faces. "Do either of you know what Halloween is?" I ask, extreme confused.

"Probably some weird human tradition." Christian says as he turns back to the video game. I turn to Ransom and he just shrugs his shoulders. I shake my head and start to get off the couch but before I can stand completely up, Ransom pulls me onto his lap.

"Stay, play a game with us." He whispers in my ear.

"No thanks. I don't know how to play these games. I'll leave it to you guys." I say and try to wiggle out of his arms but he firmly grasps my hips not allowing me to move.

"Fine, but you have to stay here and cheer me on." He says as he places me so that my back is against his front and his arms around my body with a controller in his hands.

"Fine, but only until the girls get here." I say and lean my head back onto his shoulder as I watch the game in front of me. I think Ransom is winning but I'm not completely sure. I'm about to ask who is who but the doorbell rings before I can say anything. "Okay Ransom. Let me up." I say and poke his arm. He sighs but let's me go.

I run to the door and unlock it. I throw it open, expecting to see one of the girls but instead I see my grandmother.

"Oh hi, grandmother. What are you doing here?" I ask with a confused look.

"Hello, Liviana. I came by to see how you were doing." She says with a small smile. "May I come in?" She asks.

"Oh, yeah, come on in. The guys are in the living room." I say as I open the door wider for her to come through. "Ransom! Christian! My grandmother is here! Please turn of the game." I shout to them and I hear shuffling and then foot steps. I turn to see the guys walking towards us.