Chapter 29 - edited

**Ransom's POV**

I watch as Liviana's body convulses as she tries to consume my blood. I cry seeing her in pain, wanting nothing more than to end her suffering and take it as my own. After awhile of her thrashing around, her body stills and she relaxes back onto the table.

"Alright, now Ransom, bite her wrist and take some of her's. Only a little or else you'll take the last of her strength." Katarina says. I lift her wrist and kiss it before biting down, tearing a cut identical to my own. She screams as I bite and pull blood from the cut. Her voice gives out and her eyes close. I stop taking her blood, knowing that it was enough and slump back in my chair, waiting for the convulsions to hit me like they had her. When they do, I'm knocked onto the ground by how painful they are. I've heard about blood exchanges but I never knew it would be this painful. My whole body shakes as I lay on the floor on my hands and knees, trying to stop the pain.

"Don't fight it. Let it travel through you. You have to embrace it." Rosalinda says, her voice clearing the fog from my head and I force myself to relax. It takes awhile but my body stops moving like Liv's had. When my strength returns, I pull myself onto my chair and rest my head on the table. Breathing slowly for a little. When I look back up, my eyes go to Liviana. Her body is still and her breath is shallow. It's even slower than before. I feel anger build in me. She didn't get any better. She's worse.

"I thought you said it would work. You said she would live."I say to her mother and grandmother. They stare at Liviana's still body with disbelieve in their eyes.

"It should have worked." Katarina says under her breath.

"Well it obviously didn't now she's gone and there's nothing we can do." I say, feeling tears come to my eyes and spill down my face. I slump in my chair and let my sorrow wash over me. "Please come back to me, Liv." I say to her through our mind link. But I get no reply. I won't ever get a reply. I get up out of my chair and through it at the wall. My anger getting the best of me.

"Ransom, stop!" Christian screams at me. "She wouldn't want this. And you know it." He says with tears in his eyes. I slump my shoulders and look back at Liviana. Just as I'm about to turn around and walk out of the room, I hear her gasp and cough. I rush to her and kneel beside her.

"Liv? Can you hear me? Come on baby girl, come back to me, please." I whispers as I stroke her cheek, my tears dripping onto her shirt.

"Ransom?" She asks, turning her head to mine, her eyes still closed. I feel myself sigh and smile.

"Yeah, princess. It's me." I say and kiss her forehead.

"Please don't leave me." She whispers, her eyes opening slightly. I see her dark brown irises and thank Satan that she's alright.

"I won't ever leave you. You're my wife now." I say with a smile and she smiles back at me.

"Yeah. That's going to take some getting used to." She says and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What will?" I ask curiously.

"Being married and my last name being Evermore and not King." She says, her eyes closing again. "I'm tired, I think I'm going to sleep a little bit." She says with a yawn.

"Is this normal?" I ask Rosalinda and Katarina. They both nod their heads and I can see the joy and relief in their eyes. "I'm sorry I yelled at both of you. I shouldn't have done that." Katarina shakes her head and puts her hand up.

"It's okay. There is no need to apologize. I would have done the same thing if I were you." She says with a sad smile. I nod my head and look back at Liviana. I look at her arm and see that it is fully healed, just a little red where the gash was.

"Can I take her back to bed?" I ask, soothing her hair back from her face.

"Yes. But take her to your room. There is most likely blood on her sheets from the gashes. It'll be clean by tomorrow but I don't want her to wake up and freak out." Rosalinda says, motioning with her hand towards the stairs. I nod and carefully lift Liviana into my arms and carry her up the steps towards my room.

I lay her down on the bed and take of her ripped and bloody shirt and replace it with a large t-shirt from my dresser. I change my clothes since I was holding her against me while she was bleeding. When I'm done changing, I go to the bed and slide in next to her. She's laying on her side so I pull her onto my chest and rest my head on top of hers. She nuzzles into me and sighs, a small smile on her face. I'm glad that she is okay. If she wasn't, then my life would have ended with her's. I would never forgive myself for her death.

Without Liviana, my life would mean nothing. Without my wife, I could not survive.