Chapter 24 - edited

My phone vibrates, waking me from my sleep. Ransom is still asleep with an arm draped over me, so I reach out and answer the phone but speak in a hushed voice.

"Hello?" I ask, since I didn't check to see who it was.

"Hey, it's Avangolina. Why are you whispering?" She asks me in a curious tone.

"Hey, Avangolina. Ransoms still asleep so I'm trying to be quiet. Why are you calling me so early?" I say as I pull myself out of Ransoms grasp and walk into my closet so I don't wake him.

"Ohh, sorry I thought you would be up already. Anyways the girls and I wanted to know of you wanted to go pick out our dresses for the ball today? Since we only have, like, less than a month left." She says with excitement in her voice.

"Sure, I'll ask Ransom to drive me in a little. About what time do you want to meet?" I say as I start to pick out my outfit. I grab a blue, three quarter sleeved button down, faded black jeans, and my black boots. I'll grab my jacket later when I leave.

"How about in 30 minutes? Diamond, Alicia and I will come by your place so we can all go together." Avangolina says.

"Okay, see you then." I say as I head out to my room.

"Bye, oh and I'll be expecting details about why Ransom was sleeping in your room." She says and I can hear her grin through the phone. Before I can say anything, she hangs up. I groan and close my eyes.

"What's the matter?" I hear Ransom say in his deep morning voice.

"Nothing. Avangolina just called and said the girls are going to the mall to get our ball dresses." I say as I walk back to the bed and sit down with my clothes beside me.

"Alright, so why were you groaning with your eyes closed?" He asks as he moves closer to me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me onto his lap.

"I answered the phone while you were still asleep so I was whispering and I told her you were sleeping. Now she wants to know why you're sleeping in my room." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"That's not that bad. It's not like we actually did something." He says as he kisses my neck.

"I know, but still, they're going to think we did." I say as I tilt my head a little to give him better access.

"Well we could. It would give them something interesting to listen to." He says with a laugh. I playfully smack his arm.

"Ransom!" I yell as I feel my face heat up.

"What? You know you want me." He says with a grin. I just groan and put my head on his shoulder. He rubs my lower back in slow soft circles as I gently kiss his neck. I hear him gasp and smile to myself. I kiss his neck, right where his pulse jumps, and this time he grips my hips. "Liv, if you keep doing that I won't be responsible for my actions." He says in a deep voice. His words send a thrill all through my body and I can't help but wonder what he would do if I did it again. So I do, but this time I bite his neck softly and grin when I hear him suck in a breath. Before I can do anything else, he flips me so that I'm laying under him and grabs my hands so that they are above my head.

"I warned you." He says in a deep voice. I look into his eyes to see they turned a shade darker than the natural crystal blue they normally are.

"What are you going to do?" I ask with a slight tease in my voice.

"I think I need to teach you a lesson." He says with a wicked grin. He leans towards me and gently swipes his lips against mine, barely touching them. I try to push my lips against his, but he pulls away, shaking his head with a grin. He moves his head to my neck and kisses me there, and I tip my head back to give him better access. He licks my neck and gently bites where I bit him. His touch sends chills all over my body, causing me to shiver.