Chapter 13 - edited

**Picture is of the ballroom where Liviana's party takes place.**

I wake up a few hours later with a wet cloth on my head. I open my eyes to see I'm in my room, laying on my bed. I try to sit up but feel hands press me back down.

"Don't try to get up, just rest." It's Ransom. What is he doing here?

"What happened?" I ask, my voice scratchy and dry. Ransom hands me a glass of water, which I take and drink slowly.

"What do you remember?" He ask. That's a strange question. I think, but I answer anyway.

"We were at the party, and some man came in. He said he wanted to take me. He started walking closer and Rosalinda told me to run. So I did. Then I saw you, my father, and Rosalinda surrounding him, and he disappeared. Then everything is dark after that." I speak slowly, my head is pounding. "What happened?" I ask again.

"When everyone was trying to get out of the ballroom, someone bumped into you, you fell and it your head on the floor. You've been unconscious for four hours. We were all terrified. But Rosalinda said you'll be fine, you might have a concussion for a week or two. But you'll be fine." He says quietly. We both go silent and before either of us can say anything, the door opens and my father and grandmother come in.

"Thank goodness, you're awake." Rosalinda says with a smile. "We were wondering when you would get up."

I smile back at her and turn to my father. He looks upset. "Dad? What's wrong?" I ask carefully, if he's upset I don't want to upset him more.

"That man, Abel. He won't stop trying to get you until he is dead or you are. You are not safe here. I thought it would be the safest place for you, but I was wrong. You, Ransom, and Christian will be going to the human world until Abel is taken care of." He says quietly, so quietly I almost don't hear him.

"Okay, but can you please tell me. Why does he want me?" I ask.

My father looks at me. His eyes swimming with emotion. I see sadness, anger, hurt, and loneliness. "He blames me for the death of his wife and son." He says.

"Why?" I ask again. I want to know why my life's in danger because of some old family feud.

He takes a deep breath. "Because, on the day your mother was dying, Abel's home was attacked. He asked me to come help him, but I couldn't. I couldn't just leave your mother on her deathbed. But Abel didn't understand that. He was angry with me for choosing my wife over him. His home was set on fire, and his wife was still inside. No one knows what happened to his son, some say he was in the fire too, others say he went to the human world. But Abel turned cold that day. He vowed he would get revenge on me by taking my first born child. Abel and I never got along. He was always mad about how our parents chose me to rule instead of him. He always saw me as a challenge. And after that he vowed he would have the throne for himself, the only way he can do that is by killing you. He failed tonight, but we don't know when he will try again. You must leave as soon as possible." He says. I'm shocked by how cold hearted my uncle is. I nod my head at my father to tell him I understand.

"I'll help you pack." Ransom says.

"Pack light, the house you will be staying at has everything you will need." My father says, I see tears in his eyes. I go over to him and hug him.

"I love you daddy. I'll be back soon." I say, and I feel tears in my eyes too.

"Just don't become like one of those human teenagers that parties all the time. And remember, they don't know you are royalty or that you have powers, so don't tell anyone. It could put you in danger." I nod my head again and my father kisses my head. "I'll come say good bye before you leave. I have to go handle the mess Abel left in the ballroom." I give him a small smile and he walks out of the room.