Chapter 26 - edited

**Ransom's POV**

        When the guys and I are in line to pay for our shoes and ties, I feel as if I was punched in the stomach. All of the air knocked out of my lungs. I immediately know that something is wrong with Liv. Somehow I can tell that something happened. Probably our bond. I try to talk to her using our mind link.

        "Liv, what's wrong?" I ask her but get no reply. "Liv?" Still no reply. "Liviana, if you don't answer me, I'm going to come look for you." Yet again, no reply. I feel our link pulling me in her direction and let it lead me to her. I tell the guys that I'll be right back and run to where she is. I find her in the back of the food court with her grandmother. I start to relax, but then I see the look on her face. She's paler than normal, her shoulders are tense, as if preparing for an attack, and she has fear written all over her face. I run to her and wrap my arms around her as she leans her head on my chest. I look at her grandmother and see that she looks afraid too.

        "What happened?" I whisper in her ear. I feel her sob and her shoulders shake. "Liv, what's wrong?" I ask, hugging her tighter.

        "Abel se-nt tra-ackers after me." She sobs out and her whole body shakes. My body stiffens when I hear his name.

        "It's okay, Liv. I won't let him find you." I say as I rub circles on her back, trying to calm her. I turn to her grandmother to see her looking at us with sadness in her eyes. "What can we do to stop him?" I ask her.

        "When the trackers come for you, kill them. He won't know that they have found you until they report back to him. Make sure that she keeps that pendant on or else they will be able to find her quicker. It makes her seem like a normal human with it on." She says then she looks me directly in the eye. "Whatever you do, keep her safe and watch over her. Don't let her push you away if she tries to." She says in my mind.

        "I'll guard her with my life." I say back.

        "I know you will. You will make a great husband for her." She says, again in my mind. Her last statement shocks me. She smiles at me and then walks away. Leaving me with a sobbing princess in my arms.

        "Come on, Liv. Let's go get something to drink. How does coffee sound?" I say to her quietly, wiping away her tears. She nods and I lead her towards one of the coffee stands. I order her favorite coffee and get myself one, then I lead her to a booth so that we can sit down. I text the boys and the girls and tell them where we are and that we'll meet up with them in a little. I hold Liviana close to my side and wait for her to calm down. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her as I rub her arm.

        "I'm scared, Ransom." She whispers in a broken voice. Her voice is so sad that it breaks my heart.

        "I know, princess. But I swear, I won't let him hurt you. He'll have to kill me first." I tell her.

        "He won't stop. He'll keep trying until I'm dead." She says quietly. I stiffen with how freely she says that.

        "I promise it will never come to that. I won't allow it." I say. "I'll kill him before he can lay a hand on you." I tell her, my voice completely serious.

        "Should we tell the guys?" She asks, her voice shaky.

        "I think we should, just so that they know what's going on. We don't want them to be blind sided if something happens." I say quietly. She nods and drinks her coffee, her shoulders relaxing a little.

        "What if they find us?" She asks while looking at her cup.

        "I can take a few trackers. They have nothing on a hellhound." I say with a slight grin, and I feel her laugh. "Come on, let's go find our friends." I say, grabbing her hand and lifting her out of the booth. We walk in silence back to where I left the guys and see that they are all there waiting for us. When they see us, they smile and walk towards us.

        "Hey, what happened? You just took off." Avangolina says to Liviana.

        "I saw my grandmother and she had to talk to me, so I ran after her." She says with a small smile.

        "What did she say?" Christopher asked, looking concerned.

        "I can't say right now, but when we get back to the house I'll tell you all." She says sadly. "Let's just finish our shopping then I'll cook dinner for us all." We all nod and start to look for masks. The guys and I all get black masks, but the girls get masks that match their dress colors. After we finish paying for everything, we head out to the parking lot. Liviana and I put our stuff in Christians truck since we are on the motorcycle. Once she is settled behind me, I take off. She wraps her arms around me tightly and rests her head on my back. I'll do anything to keep her safe. I think to myself as I picture the conversation we are going to have once we get back home.

        We get back to the house before the others. When we walk in, Liviana heads straight to the kitchen. I follow her and sit at the table, watching her pull her hair into a high ponytail.

        "What are you going to make?" I ask her, trying to help take her mind off of the situation with her uncle.

        "I think I'll just make pasta and meatballs. Is that okay?" She asks as she gets a pot out of the cabinet and places it on the stove.

        "That's great. Anything you make will be amazing." I say and smile when she smiles at me. She starts moving around the kitchen like she grew up there. I start to imagine about our future together. After all this stuff with her uncle is over and we are married and living in our own house. I know I may be thinking too far ahead but I know that we are meant to be together. I imagine that we will be cooking together everyday, in our own kitchen, with our children helping us cook and set the table. Us having our meals together as a family.

        "What are you thinking about?" Liviana asks with a curious look.

        "Just about how when we get married and have kids that we'll all cook together and eat together." I say with a grin. She smiles back at me.

        "And how many kids do you think we'll have?" She asks with a raised eyebrow. I shrug my shoulders and think for a little.

        "Two maybe three. A son that looks like me, a daughter that looks like you and then one that looks like both of us." I say with a smile. "How many do you want?" I ask her. She shakes her head and smiles at me.

        "I definitely want two boys and a baby girl." She says after a little of thinking.

        "We can get started on that as soon as you want." I say with a grin, teasing her. She laughs at me and looks as if she is about to say something when we hear the door open.

        "Honey, I'm home!" I hear Christian yell. Liv and I both laugh and she shakes her head.

        "In the kitchen dear!" I shout back making Liv laugh even harder. I love hearing her laugh. Everyone walks into the kitchen and sits in the seats around me.

        "So what are you cooking?" Christopher asks.

        "Pasta and meatballs." Liv says as she dumps the pasta into the boiling water.

        "She's going to make a great wife one day. She's smart, beautiful, and she can cook." Christopher says, looking at me. "You're one lucky bastard." He says, causing me to laugh. I look at Liviana and see her rolling the meatballs and putting them on a pan, not even paying attention to us.

        "Don't I know it." I say to myself. Liviana puts the meatballs in the oven and turns to us with a smile on her face.

        "Can you guys set the table? Dinner should be done in less than an hour." She says and we all agree and do as she asked. We put the place mats down and the plates, then the forks and knives, and lastly the cups. A few minutes after we finish, Liviana says the food is done. She places some pasta on each of our plates and four meatballs each. She pours us all a cup of iced tea and sits down with us. We all eat for a few minutes in silence, but Liv and I both know that we have to talk about what happened in the mall sooner or later.

        "So what happened at the mall?" Christian asks. I guess it's going to be sooner.

Edited on June 11, 2016