Chapter 10 - edited

**Picture is of Liviana's father, Lucifier. Played by Chad Michael Murray.**

Soon after the clock struck 12 Ransom left with a smile on his face, and I laid down. I couldn't believe what just happened. I was laying on my back just going over the events of the past 20 minutes. I turned 18. I got my first kiss. And I got my first power.

The first one I was expecting, the second was a pleasant surprise, but the third. The third really messed me up. I know Rosalinda warned me this could happen, but how do I learn to control it? What if I freeze everyone at the party? What if they find out I have powers and try to kill me? Or my father? Or Ransom? Stop, I tell myself, this is how you froze time in the first place, just don't worry, and stay calm. Everything will be fine. Everything has to be fine.

I don't know how but I soon fall asleep and am woken up by my maids rushing into my room. I look at my clock which reads 6:46. I groan. They never wake me this early. They know I am not a morning person.

"Good morning, princess." They all say at the same time. They have never done that. I look at them suspiciously.

"What are you ladies up to?" I question slowly.

"Nothing." All together again, with the same smile on their faces. Then the last thing I expect happens. Lily jumps on my bed and tackles me in a hug.

"Happy birthday, princess!" They all scream, with Lily still latched onto me, slowly cutting off my oxygen supply.

"Lil....I...can't....breath." With that she finally let's me go with a laugh.

"Sorry, princess. Didn't mean to choke you." I just smile at her, still trying to catch my breath.

"It's okay. Just please if your going to kill me, don't do it on my birthday." I say once I can breath properly.

They all laugh at me and just shake their heads. Then Rosie seems to compose herself and comes to my bedside.

"Alright, princess, out of bed now. We have to get you ready for the ball and it's going to take a lot of time to do your hair. How do you feel about curls?" She asks, and I groan, which rewards me with another round of laughs. Whenever Rosie curls my hair it takes five hours because they have to be perfect. But the end result is always gorgeous, even with my crazy hair.

After about ten more minutes they finally get me out of bed and into the bathroom. They make me soak in a bubble bath so that my skin is soft and slightly pink. After 20 minutes of soaking, Juliet comes in and washes my hair with special soaps and conditioners to make my hair soft and shiney. After that, they all leave the bathroom so that I can get out of the tub, dry myself, and wrap myself in my silk black robe. I'm rewarded five minutes to myself before Rosie comes in to dry my hair and start the torture of not being able to move or look on the mirror for an eternity.

Its now 8:30 and Rosie is half way done my hair and let's me take a break to eat breakfast and get a drink. But I'm not allowed to leave my room so Lily brings me a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. My favorite. And a cup of perfectly made coffee with cream and sugar, just how I like it. I make a mental note to go thank the chief for the great meal. As I'm eating, my father comes in to give me a kiss on the head and wish me a happy birthday. I give my thanks and he leaves after Rosie rushes him out so that she can finish my hair. He just laughs at her attempt at bossing him around but leaves anyway. I laugh to myself. Today is going to be a lot of fun.