Chapter 31 - edited

I wake up and find Ransom still asleep beside me. I smile at him because he looks much younger when he sleeps. He's laying on his stomach with his head on his arms and facing me. Some of his hair had fallen onto his face so I gently pushed them back so it wouldn't irritate him. He stirs but then stills, as I move out of the bed. I pull on my panties and his t-shirt that falls to my knees and walk quietly out of the room, unlocking the door when I get to it. I blush as I remember the reason for locking the door. I tiptoe down the steps and into the kitchen. I look at the clock on the stove and see that it's almost three. Christian should be home by now, school ends at 2:30. He probably stayed after or went somewhere with the girls. I shrug it off and start to cook.

I decide to make brownies for the guys. I go to take out the ingredients but then decide to use my powers so that I could improve my skills. I go to sit down at the table and focus on taking things out of the cabinets and setting them on the counter. I smile when all of the items I need land on the counter without spilling or falling down. Easy part done, now to mix everything together. I think to myself. I close my eyes and concentrate on mixing everything together. I slowly open my eyes and watch as everything is being poured into a bowl and a spoon moves out of the drawer and starts to stir the contents of the bowl. Next I get a pan out of one of the cabinets and pour the brownie mix into the pan and put the pan into the oven. Once everything is cleaned up, I focus on making coffee for Ransom and I.

Just as I finish pouring coffee into both of our cups he comes into the room. He smiles at me but then freezes when he sees the floating coffee pot and mugs. I laugh at his shocked expression and he looks back to me with a grin. He takes the seat across from me and I set his cup in front of him, the milk and sugar following shortly after. He raises an eyebrow at me and I raise one back.

"What?" I ask.

"You forgot spoons." He says with a smirk. I smirk back and move two spoons beside our cups.

"No I didn't." I say with a grin and he laughs at me.

"So what have you been doing while I was asleep?" He asks, taking a sip of his coffee. I shrug as I pour in milk and sugar and stir it.

"I made brownies and practiced my powers. I think I'm getting better." I say.

"Of course you are. You're very talented." He says with a laugh. "But why brownies?" He asks.

"For last night. I wanted to thank you and Christian for saving me." I say, taking a big gulp of my drink. I watch as Ransom's features turn sad and he looks at me.

"Yeah about that. We don't have to call ourselves husband and wife if you don't want to. We can wait until we have an actual wedding when all of our friends and family is there." He says sadly.

"Do you want to wait till then?" I ask him. I want him to be my husband but only if he wants to be and if that means waiting till we have a real wedding then so be it.

"I want to do whatever you want to do." He says and I get up and walk over to him. I put my hands on his shoulders and sit on his lap, my legs straddling him.

"Well then, Mr. Evermore. We are married and there's nothing you can do about it." I say with a grin and he grins back.

"Okay, Mrs. Evermore. I wouldn't do anything to change that." He says as he wraps his arms around my waist and leans his head closer to mine. I lean forward until our lips meet and we kiss. I let him lead and he licks my lower lip, asking for entrance. I allow it and we explore each other's mouths until we can't breathe. We break apart and lean our heads against each other, breathing heavily. "You look amazing in my shirt." He says, causing me to laugh.