Chapter 2 - edited

I have three maids. Rosie, the head maid and the most strict. She has gray streaks in her brown hair, but she's only 32. She helped raise me since my mother died when I was two years old. She's a fairy but her one wing is cut so she can't fly.

        Then there is Juliet, the kind one that acts more like a friend than a maid, she's 24 and has red hair, like fire, and sometimes does light on fire if she's mad. That's her demon mark. All demons have a mark somewhere on their body that marks them as nonhuman, it varies for everyone and no two demons have the same.

        And finally, there is Lily, the very energetic blonde that is always jumping around, a demon with cat eyes. She just turned 20 a few months ago and hasn't seen much of the kingdom. They all help me get up at the right time, help me pick the right clothing, and make sure that I always look like the presentable princess that I'm supposed to be.

        "Where have you been?!" Rosie greets me as soon as I open the door fully. Her brown eyes blazing with irritation and anger.

        "I lost track of time, and Ransom had to find me to help get me on track." I reply sweetly, but she doesn't buy my excuses. But since I mentioned Ransom, she softened a little, everyone has always had a soft side for him, even when we were little.

        "Well at least you are here now, let's get started." Rosie was still pissed, but she was trying to calm herself. 

        For the next six hours I was stuck with about 20 different pins. About ten in my sides, five in my arms, four in my neck, and one in my ass. But I think that one was on purpose because I heard Juliet giggle when I squealed.

        "You're forgetting that I can handle a sword very well." I told her with a fake threat.

        "I have no idea what you're talking about princess." She says back with mock innocence.

        "Sure, and Hell is frozen." I shoot right back at her, which earns me another round of giggles and a glare from Rosie, but even she couldn't stop the smirk on her face.

        Just when they were finally finished, Ransom came bounding through the door. He seemed bored out of his mind and searched the room for us. When his gaze finally landed on me, his eyes widened. I felt my face flush and asked, "So? How does it look?"

        When he still doesn't answer I glare at him, "If you're not going to reply, then get out so that I can get out of this torture device." That gets him unfrozen. He laughs, so do I and so do my maids.

        "You look.......great. Much more like a girl than earlier." He says with a grin. I have to agree, my typical wardrobe consists of long, black skirts and loose fitting tunics but since today was my free day I wore my favorite black jeans.

        To prove that I am still the same Liviana that he saw a couple of hours ago, I lift the hem of my dress to show him my army boots that I wear every day.

        "Still the same me, and I wont change anytime soon so get used to it." I say with mock tease. "Now really, get out, my dad doesn't want to anything to happen to the dress before tomorrow and I don't want to be in this thing anymore than I have to." The last part was a lie because if this dress got Ransom to actually notice that I am a girl instead of his charge, than I want to stay in it forever.

        But he does as I said and turns on his heel to go out the door and back in the hallway, but not before I think I hear him mumble, "I wouldn't get rid of you anyway." But that was probably my imagination.

        The girls help me out of the dress and leave me to get changed in my earlier attire. I pull on my favorite jeans, a light blue tunic, and put my boots back on. Tomorrow I'm going to have to wear high heels so I want to embrace my boots as long as I can. I call Ransom back in so that he isn't completely bored and he sits on his usual chair at my desk that he claimed as his when we're both eleven. He even carved his name on one of the legs.