Christmas & New Year's :)

(I KNOW THIS IS SO LATE OKAY IM SO SORRY 😭)

Jeez, has this been a busy few weeks! I'm way way way overdue with the Christmas part, so I guess I'll just combine Christmas and New Year's.

Okay, so let's start with Christmas Eve. The first thing that happened was me cooking things for my grandma's Christmas Eve get-together thing. I had this brilliant idea that baking cupcakes and making macaroni for the party would just be splendid, and everyone would just LOVE the food and thank me endlessly for my struggles.

Nahhh.

My dad said he'd go to the store to get my stuff after he dropped my mom off at the bus stop (she rides TARC to work). I gave him a list, including the following things; holiday cupcake wrappers, holiday cake mix, holiday frosting, and then a box of macaroni.

The macaroni went separately. Silly.

Anyway, I left it up to him not to mess up the ingredients. And what does he do? Come back with floral cupcake liners, regular funfetti cake mix, and blue frosting that came with FISH SPRINKLES. FISH. It looked like Easter cupcakes.

You had one job, dad.

I lived with what I had, and over a span of two hours total the cupcakes were all ready to go. I had to make the batter, put the batter in liners, cook the first batch, let them cool, put the second batch in liners, frost the first batch, let the second batch cool, and then finally frost the first batch. I sprinkled them pretty much at the same time, which took forever because I wanted them to look decent.

My dad made some kind of ghetto box with wrapping paper over it to put the cupcakes in. It seemed like a bad idea at first, but it ended up looking somewhat swanky. :)

The macaroni took like 10 minutes. No time at all really.

I took my food that I made MYSELF to my grandmas to eat. People ate my macaroni and a few people told me it was good. I personally thought they were gross but ok.

Afterward, we opened presents. I got some Bath & Body Works marshmallow perfume and a pair of earrings from my aunt Bethany (the one that I went over their house for thanksgiving), and a 25 dollar iTunes gift card from my aunt Cheryl that lives in California. From my grandma & grandpa I got 60 dollars.

When presents were over, it was time for us to eat dessert. I waited patiently for my cousins to eat my cupcakes, and all of them did but one. -.- I didn't get much feedback from them, to be honest. Even though I worked so hard. ☹

Since not nearly all the cupcakes were eaten, I decided to take them with me when we went to my great aunt Darleen's house. Meaning, my grandmas sister. We go over there every year.

When I showed up with cupcakes, aunt Darleen said "wow, you really shouldn't have bought those" because there were like 27373672298464 cakes already there by the time we got there. So again no one ate them.

I enjoyed talking to my cousin Arianna, as I always do. We ate and talked, and my (I think) six year old 2nd cousin Gabby joined us. She's my great aunt Darleen's son Chuck's daughter, which is kinda confusing but I just consider them my uncle and cousin. There was also this girl named Lindsay who was a freshman. She talked to us some and kept going on and on about people she doesn't like, she's one of those people. It was tiring.

On Christmas morning, I opened presents and got a lot of cool stuff, including band merch, clothes, shoes, and extra things. I went to my aunt Missy's house later on after lunch, and I made some decorations for my grandparents 50th anniversary (yes, they got married on Christmas). My aunt Missy got me a shirt from Rue 21 and a 25$ gift card there, where I bought a pair of off-brand Doc Martin's (spelling?) and 2 pairs of jeans. From my aunt Hope, she got me makeup and chocolate. I'm still working on the chocolate but the makeup, I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

And yeah, that was my Christmas in a nutshell. On New Years, we went over our family friend's house, the White family. They have two twin boys (21 I think?) and a girl my brother's age. Us kids played Life and watched Power Puff Girls, and as a group we played this board game and celebrated the twins' birthdays (yes they were born on New Year's Eve).

When the ball counted down, I remembered all the things I did this year. All the things I've become. A major part of my 2013 was this book, and I want to thank each of you for your support.

If you've stuck with me this far, you go, Glen Coco. :)

-Danielle