Types of Directioners

Okay, so I've noticed something that has kind of (really) bothered me about some Directioners. I want to see how many people feel me here.

There are four kinds of directioners. The first ones being carrots. If you know anything about the One Direction fandom, you should know that term. A long time ago, Louis said he fancied girls who ate carrots. Now, it's a bad thing to be a carrot. I can't explain it good enough, but carrots are usually young. They're 13-ish. A lot of them came to be after This Is Us. Their favorite song is What Makes You Beautiful, and they say things like "Harry is MINE." They apparently still use "Fabulouis, Extrordinharry, Brilliam, Phenominiall, and Amazayn."

I use those terms still. Oops.

The second kind of directioner, which I might hate the most, "basic directioner." They tend to gloat about the band. They never let you forget that they've known the boys since X Factor, and they know every little thing about the band. They have a little carrot infused in them, but basic directioners can be older. The most annoying thing a basic directioner can do is memorize every single song on a new album within two days, and brag about them knowing it so soon. They squeal about them and say things like "OMG, we totally need to meet the and marry them and have like 12 babiez!!1!!1!".

That's the carrot part, really.

The third kind is the rude directioner. They're always that one kind of uptight person who just has a bad mood and is always on the defense. Rude directioners HATE carrots. They typically clump carrots and basic directioners in one group. There isn't really much to describe them, but they're the oldest type usually and always wants to burn carrots and make everyone think they know what they're talking about.

They're pretty sometimes, too.

The fourth type is the standby directioner. I guess that's what you can call it. I'm in this group. A standby directioner does simply that, they stand by on the sidelines and watch the carrots feud with the rude directioners, and they watch basically everything that happens. They aren't involved, though. They know everything about all the groups, because they have the time to analyze. They're in the fandom, but at the same time, they're... Not.

There are other things that I do specifically that I don't know if other directioners do. For example, I'm very particular about album releases. I savor the album and listen to one song at a time, careful to save the rest. I don't say anything about going to one of their concerts, and if someone says it to me, I say "eh..." That's the standby directioner in me. I wouldn't feel comfortable mixing myself into the groups.

Obviously, these four types aren't officially established, and are maybe even unheard of. But as a standby, that's what I see. I've experienced this fandom through so much news and so much drama. I just know.

The most annoying thing about being a standby directioner is interacting in general, but especially with basic directioners. If a carrot tried to talk to me, I'd just be like "shutup, you're like 12" (haha Brooke), and if a rude directioner tried to talk to me I could talk back evenly. Just because I'm not rude doesn't mean I can't properly defend myself.

But basic directioners... There's no hope. As particular as I am, even away from standbys in general, it annoys the hell out of me. When people listen to the whole album and know the songs by heart after like 2 days, I'm like "OH MY GOD WHY YOURE RUINING IT ASDFGHJKL" inside. Like seriously, you won't get another album for at least a year or so! Make it last!

I'm actually really close to a basic directioner. Ugh. Don't even ask who.

It's honestly really funny how all these different types of people can come together. There's no way they would have, if it wasn't for One Direction. It's so weird how just a single fandom creates so many different kinds of people.

Hm. Food for thought.

What kind of directioner are you? Be honest and let me know in the comments. I just made my part sound the best because I'm in it; for example, you could say basic directioners are "supportive" or whatever. I'm just biased. Lol but a part is a part.

If you even like One Direction (I'm guessing so since you clicked this book), you go, Glen Coco. ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ <- I HIT PASTE TO SEE WHAT WAS THERE AND OMG

-Danielle :)