My Plans, and Friend Drama ☹

Ah, fall break. How exciting.

There's so much going on right now in my life. It actually isn't that much, but it probably adds up to a lot if I list everything.

I'll first begin on the positives. Or, well, the stuff that doesn't have to do with the friend drama I'm in right now. Today, my plans are to rake leaves that have needed to be raked for like three weeks (sigh). That will probably take me from like now until when it's time for dinner. I'm not really looking forward to it, but then again I am because TODAY IS THE DAY ME AND MY MOM GO SHOPPING AT RUE 21! :D

I bet you're thinking, "wait a minute. Weren't you supposed to do that on Christmas as part of your Christmas present...?!"

Well, yes, I was. But here's the thing. To make a long story short, my brother got a new Xbox One by trading in his PS3 and all that stuff. He also pre-ordered COD Ghosts or whatever. SoOo, my mom was all, "well, he's almost 17, so I'll at least surprise him one more time in my life and get him NBA 2K14 as a surprise for Christmas."

*insert buzzer noise that I do all the time; if you know me you know the noise* !!!

That isn't happening! My brother woke up on Sunday and was all, "Guess what mom! I went on and bought 2K14 online! There was this special that I couldn't pass up!"

So then, my poor mom had to go on and tell my brother that she got him that for Christmas but would pay for it now since he already has it.

Merry Christmas, Matthew.

So, what does that say for you, sweet Danielle? WeEeEell, for me that means that since Matthew already basically got all his Christmas presents, I get something early too-my outfit!

I'm saving the rest of my presents until Christmas, but I get my outfit early. So instead of getting it and wearing it for Christmas, I'm getting it and wearing it to THANKSGIVING!

And what's so good about that is that I'm not doing what I normally do for thanksgiving tomorrow. We normally go over my Aunt Hope's house on my mom's side, but we're doing it differently this year. My grandpa on my dad's side is really sick, so depending on how he feels tomorrow morning, I'll either be going over my Aunt Bethany's (dad's side) house where his whole family goes, or if he feels bad we're just going to go and chill at my grandparents house, just the six of us.

That sounds dandy, right? Well, the nice part is that I'll be prepared if we go over my Aunt Bethany's house. Her daughters (my cousins) are kind of rich and whatnot, so if I walk up in there fresh from Rue 21, I'll be prepared and they'll all say, "Wow, Danielle! You look cute!"

And for the underdog to get a compliment from pretty people, that'll be awesome for me. :)

So those are my plans. My outfit idea is a sweatshirt type shirt with tight jeans and those boots I want so badly. I think that'll all look okay on me, because when I imagine it with my new haircut, I like what I see.

We'll see today.

And now, to the negative stuff. God, I've written so much of this already. Well, since some of the people involved might be reading this, I'll make this quick.

You should remember Allyson. If you don't, I wrote about her in the first part of this book. Well, anyway, she is "in love" with my brother. I put quotes around that because she says she's in love with a lot of people. I guess I believe this a little more since her and Matthew have been dating on and off ever since our cheerleading days. But with her, I can honestly never be sure.

I like Allyson a lot. This trimester, we're in the same science class together. (I know, I'll do a schedule entry soon.) We work as partners together, and she tells me about her problems. I try to help her. I enjoy talking to her, and she makes me laugh. She's my friend for sure. Let me just say that now.

Okay, so now you know how she feels, let's shift this on Camila. My brother hates Camila. I don't know why. I mean, I do, but it doesn't make sense. He says she's redundant. I don't get why he thinks that, he's weird about that kind of thing. But since he hates her, Camila is starting to hate Matthew, too.

She and Allyson are best friends. So, of course, Camila is going to tell Allyson to not date someone who she hates. And the feeling is mutual.

So, of course, my brother's gonna be all, "don't get in my business."

So, of course, I'll be sucked into it because my best friend and our other best friend are feuding between themselves and my brother, who is luckily my flesh and blood.

I'm connected to all of them. So apparently, it's my drama too.

That doesn't at all seem fair to me. My brother is weird about relationships, not just romantically but in general. He's rude when someone doesn't suit his liking, which by the way, his classifications are weird. He's just mean because he thinks he's better than everyone else. He even knows he thinks like that.

And, my friends see his wrongdoing and go to me for it. "Danielle why is your brother acting like such an arse? Seriously?"

As you can probably guess, there's no reasoning with my brother. His social skills aren't normal. Yet, a normal teenage girl with friends and a regular life has to answer for his bad and mean decisions.

I have no control over him whatsoever.

I sound selfish. But why should my friendships suffer because of what my brother thinks and feels? He's not me. I treat my friends and everyone else with respect, whether I particularly like them or not. I should have good friendships because I try to be a good friend. It shouldn't matter to me that my brother is mean.

Sigh. I'm in such a pickle.

I tried talking to Camila about this last night. She seems mad at me now, which doesn't surprise me.

Thanks, Matthew. For making me go through all this just because you can't tolerate my best friend.

I'm not letting it get to me, though. After the leaves, I'm going shopping. And after that, it's Thanksgiving. I need to realize what I'm thankful for, and do so wearing my cute new outfit. So, no, I'm not letting this ruin my friends and my mood.

I hope that isn't selfish.

Well, anyway, this is freakishly long. If you read every bit of this, you go, Glen Coco.

-Danielle