PSA

OKAY THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT LISTEN UP

IM DONE WITH PEOPLE USING THE WRONG FORM OF WORDS. IM D O N E.

SO HERES A LESSON FOR YOU BASICS.

You're and Your

You're - This is used as a combination of the words YOU and ARE. DOES NOT GIVE POSSESSION.

Examples...

YES - You're so special to me. (YOU ARE so special to me.)

NO - Your the best. (Nice 'the best' you got there.)

Your - This gives possession of something. DO NOT USE THIS WHEN PUTTING TOGETHER THE WORDS YOU AND ARE OMG THAT ANNOYS ME ENDLESSLY.

Examples...

YES - Your zipper is undone. (The zipper belongs to YOU!)

NO - You're dog is really cute. (You are dog is really cute how about NO)

NO - Your really pretty. (Nice 'really pretty' you got there I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH)

Too, to, and two

Too - Also, likewise. Not "TO" OKAY ITS DIFFERENT.

Examples...

YES - Harry is my favorite, too. (HARRY IS ALSO MY FAVORITE)

NO - I love you to. (To WHAT?!??!)

NO - Can I have too of those? (Less common mistake but still)

To - Giving direction towards. DONT USE TOO HERE.

Examples...

YES - Hand that to Louis. (Giving direction of the thing going to Louis)

YES - To: Harry. From: Louis. (Directing the possession to Harry)

NO - You are someone I can always turn too. (So you can also turn them? That's cool)

NO - Where are you going too? (Is that even explainable???)

Two: (2). The number. After one and before three. People screw this up less but it still happens.

Examples...

YES - I'll have two scoops of ice cream. (2 SCOOPS)

NO - I don't even need a no example because you shouldn't even be on Wattpad analyzing literature if you don't know that difference.

The main error is (you're/your) and (too/to). If you're a victim, please comment and I'll give as many examples as I can for you. And also, this isn't directed toward anyone in particular but I'm sick of seeing it on social media and things.

If you have known this since second grade LIKE ME and have never questioned it, you go, Glen Coco.

-Danielle

PS. I've been really busy and haven't made my Christmas part yet, but it's coming I promise! Stay tuned.