My Wattpad Experience

Oh. My. God. I just checked my reads and found out that this book has over 1,000 reads now. I would fangirl, but right now I'm in shock. Like DEAD UP SHOCK. I'm almost crying... Are there really that many of you that have added my book to your library? That have read all of it up to this point? This moment is so special to me. I would have never guessed that this would happen... But, in honor of this wonderful achievement, I'm going to share with you my Wattpad experience.

If you didn't already know this, I'm pretty inclined with social media. Not everything, though. For example, I don't have Facebook, which is just your personal friends, or I don't follow YouTubers that much either. But I'm pretty much within the world of Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, and stuff of that nature.

I'll discuss my social media life in a later book, but thanks to that I discovered Wattpad. People on Instagram would always be like, "Chapter 10 of ____ is up, link in bio x :)" or something. So I'm like, what's Wattpad? I checked it out but didn't make an account. It was okay.

Then, I met this girl. My best friend. My other half. Camila. We actually connected through this service. So not only did I gain so many committed readers, I gained a true friend too. The day we met, she asked if I'd ever heard of Wattpad. I said yeah, because I pretty much know what stuff is even if I don't use it. But I ended up making an account because we wanted to do a co-author, that we've since redone and stuff.

My username has been the same all throughout my Wattpad membership. I've wanted to change it sometimes because of how MAD I am at the Jonas Brothers, but I haven't because I want it to be the same.

Anyway, my first book on here was Welcome to Target, a Nick Jonas fanfiction. Some of you remember it. I really enjoyed writing it, but it got to a point where it became a carrot fanfiction. If, of course, carrots were in every fandom.

At that time, I started reading my friend Brooke (TimelessRage)'s book called My Randoms. It's basically like this book. I thought it was cool, so I was like, "hey, I want to do that too." And so, Danielle's Super-Fun Book of Events was born. I was new to cover making, and the cover was a picture of a cat with basic font on it.

I didn't think anyone would want to read this book. At first, I didn't even know why I was writing it. Welcome to Target was doing so well with a whopping 80-something reads (oh boy), and this only had like ten. I thought of deleting this book. I didn't think it was even worth keeping, honestly. But I did. I figured that instead of deleting the book, I could give it a little makeover.

I changed the super long title, Danielle's Super-Fun Book of Events, to something simpler. The Book of Me. It's my book, and it made sense. I was getting a bit better with making covers, so I made one for my new idea. It had a picture of a rainbow rose. How corny.

I noticed after that that my reads for this were starting to grow. I was hitting 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, all in a few week's time. At that point I knew I should keep this book. That was about the time that my other book became carroty, so I deleted it. I still have it saved in an app called aNote, though.

My followers and general observers have all probably seen my books come and go. I've had several that I've had an idea for and taken off, even if I didn't publish it. But I can literally say that the Book of Me is the only book that I've kept all this time. Since mid June, I think. And look what has happened from there.

Aside from the Book of Me, I've loved every other aspect of my Wattpad experience too. I've found so many good books to read, including my favorite, No Sound and No Sound 2. I've found something that I can connect to with my friends, even a guy friend of mine. Literally, so many of my friends have Wattpad. Camila (owlwaytoday), Brooke (TimelessRage), Tristan (Thevalleygirl), Chance(forgottennames), Halley (HalleyPayne), Daniela (playaninaloca), and Moon (moondia). There might even be a few I'm missing.

And of course, there's me, Danielle (Jonas_Styles). ☻

I love Wattpad. I literally breathe for it. I enjoy writing to all of you, and although I don't update or haven't written much in my single author books, I'm trying. I more than appreciate the love I've gotten for this book. At school, when people say "oh, I added The Book of Me to my library", I fangirl inside and say, "Thanks!". A notable few who this has happened with are my loyal fans, Tristan and Daniela. Hi. :)

But literally, the only "hate" I've received was when people complain that I update so often that they either get behind reading or it always pops up in their news feed. But I've tried to explain that although the parts in this story relate, you can just skip around to which title sounds interesting. If you skipped and didn't read something, just comment what you don't get and I'll answer. And sorry for the news feed thing. I really am. I just love updating this!

Bottom line, muchachos/as, thank you so much for 1K. It's more than I could have ever asked for. Thanks to all my friends who like me enough to regularly read it, or at least skip around, and thanks to my loyal readers who have even added this to their library. Every single read has counted and added up to this. I'm filled with so much gratitude that I think I might ink.

I love you. All of you. You mean everything to me.

If you've been with me through this whole journey, you go, Glen Coco. ♡

-Danielle

PS- EXPECT A CHRISTMAS ENTRY SOON ABOUT WHAT I GOT AND DID FOR CHRISTMAAAAS! :D