Crooked Smiles

This is a pretty random and pointless entry, but oh well. YOLO.

Today I took a selfie and posted it on Instagram. If you live under a rock, a selfie is a picture of yourself. When I was editing it, I noticed how crooked and awkward my smile looks. Some may know this, but the left side of my face doesn't go up as much as the right when I smile. Like literally, if you looked at me from the left side I probably don't even look like I'm smiling.

Not many notice this about me for some reason. I don't know why, but they don't. That's a reason I love people for their smiles, because I envy them with my crooked and uneven smile. (Camila, Harry, Mr. Spears, Louis...)

Anyway, my point is that I'm trying to go to sleep right now. But I can't because I'm thinking about that selfie I took earlier and how weird my smile is. And it made me start thinking about Brooke. Earlier this week, her and I were taking a One Direction quiz to decide our favorite band member. The quiz wasn't very accurate and didn't make sense; it said my favorite was Harry and hers was Louis. I mean, Harry is literally tied for me with Louis, like dead serious. But Brooke's favorite is Liam...

But in the quiz, one question was, what's your best quality? The choices were (I think): hair, eyes, smile, laugh, or voice. I said "pssh is there a none of the above option?", but there wasn't so Brooke decided that question for me.

She said my best quality was my smile.

I think about that more than I should. Me, with my awkward smile, that's my best feature. I recall all the times when I'm embarrassed and look at the floor, pressing my lips together and smiling a little. I do that all the time. I bet my smile looks uneven then, too. (As a side note, my expression on my profile picture is weird because I don't like my smile. On Instagram I'm smiling though, just because that's the expectation. It's weyheydaniellek if you want to see.)

I don't know. It's either really bad to wallow in self pity over this, or I'm way too absorbed in myself. Whichever it is, it's been bugging me for days.

Have any of my readers noticed my crooked smile? If not, I bet you'll look out for it now. Definitely so since I said so. Also, what do you think is my best feature (if any)? I'm just curious. I see myself and see someone totally different than everyone else. But at the same time, I'm in the middle and average with everything.

It's complicated. But I'm tired now, so peace.

If your smile is even, you go, Glen Coco.

-Danielle