1

Fuck Alex and his whole stupid family! We'd been together for five years, dammit! I wasted five whole years of my life and moved all the way from Ohio to Massachusetts for what? A broken heart!

I gave up everything for him! I graduated high school and moved right out here to be with his cheating ass. He had the nerve to tell me I was the one who couldn't commit. Ha! He's the one banging his brothers girlfriend on the side! Then when I confronted him about it he dumped me? Oh I'll show him!

I raged around the apartment we once shared and collected my things in a cardboard box. I already had my tv and all my clothes. This trip was for makeup and anything else I found to be mine. He was at work and would be home soon so I had to hurry. Seeing him was the last thing I needed. If I saw him I'd hit him, and I had three brothers so if I hit him I'd kill him.

My stupid box was full and nothing else here appeared to be mine so I slammed my key on the table and left the door open on my way out. I hope someone goes in and takes all his shit. Or better yet I hope someone goes in and takes a shit, in the floor. Oh I hate him so much right now! After everything I gave up just to be with him everyone turned out to be right! My family had been right all along. He was nothing but a cheating rat!

Struggling down the steps with my box I got outside and was almost to my car when my heel broke off my damn shoe. I stumbled and dropped the box spilling everything onto the ground.

"Fuck fuck fuck, FUCK!" I screamed balling my hands into fists. I looked up at the sky. "What the hell did I do to you God? Is it the cussing or the drinking? I'll stop if you just quit fucking up my life! Cut me a damn break!"

"Uh, you need some help?" A guys voice made me jump. "Sorry I saw you drop the box. I'm Jason from 5c. You moving in?"

I shook my head. "Out actually. My loser ex cheated on me with his soon to be sister in law. Thanks for the offer but I should probably be alone right now."

He chuckled. "Okay hope your day gets better."

"Ugh, I hope my life gets better." I muttered taking off my shoes as he turned to walk away.

Once I'd picked everything up I stuffed the box in my car. That was the only thing going for me right now. I had an amazing brand new grey stingray corvette. She was my baby.

I drove across town and pulled into the lot at my new apartment. Good thing my older brother, Drew, loves me enough to give me some money to help me afford this nice place. He's a lawyer and has plenty to spare but I still hate taking the handout. With my car payment though I couldn't afford to buy a large pizza much less lease an apartment. It's huge and allows pets. Maybe I'll get a dog. It's downtown and in walking distance from the football stadium. I LOVE football. Oh, and there's a bar right around the corner! This is the start of something beautiful.

That night I unpacked a few things and called my brother to thank him again. He answered on the first ring. He was on his was home from work I guess.

"All settled in Sis?" Drew's voice was cheerful.

"I love the apartment Drew. Thank you so much for this. You picked a good one." I said eyeing the half eaten pizza in my fridge. Okay so I lied about not being able to afford a large, sue me.

"Not a problem Riley." He said. "How are you doing with all this?"

"I'm fine." I lied. "I'm actually going out with some friends tonight."

"Friends? Did you meet them today?" He asked. "Because last night you were crying and telling me you had no friends."

I laughed. "Shut up! Last night I was drinking."

"Ya know," he sighed.

"Drew don't start."

"You could always come home." He added.

"And listen to the I told ya so's, no thanks." I hugged. "I'll be fine Bub. I have a great job and hours are going to pick up again. Maybe I can be a waitress in my free time to earn some extra cash."

"Well be careful there. I know you love the city but it's dangerous. You're a single lady now an-"

I cut him off. "I can handle this. I'll be fine."

"Okay if you say so." He sighed.

"I should really go." I sighed back. "Bye Drew! Thanks again and I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye Ry." He laughed as I ended the call. This was going to be a new adventure.