My Celebrity Housemate: Chapter Fifty-Six

Start from the beginning

          "Hey, why do I know nothing about this?" Ryan frowned.

          "Wait, what are you doing here anyway, Ryan?" Delaney asked. "Shouldn't you be with Carolanne at her dad's?"

          "I decided to come visit a dear friend if that's what you wanna know." He said defensively. "I see that I'm so unwelcomed here, I should leave."

          "Oh don't be such a girl Ryan." Said Delaney.

          "Whatever." Ryan said with a hint of dissatisfaction in his voice. "Anyway, Kate I hope you get better soon, I'll be back ASAP."

          "Nah don't worry, take your time at Carolanne's. You don't wanna ruin a great impression on your future father-in-law, eh?" I teased.

          "Heh." Ryan's face turned a shade darker as he exits the room. Hmm, typical Ryan.

          "So, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" I turned to Alex.

          "Well..." he hesitated. The door swung open again and Ryan came in, dragging Delaney away with him this time.

          "I believe that this isn't the time for you to stick around." Said Ryan.

          "What? No!" Delaney whined. "I want to see!" See what?

          "Don't be such a girl, Delaney." I could hear Ryan speak as they make their way away from the room.

          Uh...okay?

          "That was...pretty awkward." I choked.

          "Yeah." He mumbled.

          Great, here comes the awkward silence. Why do they always happen? In fact, why is it even awkward? There's this Hollywood-class celebrity who has been my housemate for the past nine months, the celebrity who the whole world is crazy about, who the whole world can't get enough of, standing right in front of me in a hospital, and sometimes honestly I still can't believe that this is actually happening, happening to me.

          Do I consider this as a blessing? To be able to have met Alex Monreaux in person, to be able to actually form a relationship with him as friends, as housemates, as enemies?

          Sometimes I wonder what's really in his mind. He appears this way but always seems to be the other. He laughs and smiles a lot, he likes bothering people, but what's really underneath all that I'll never know.

          And now...now he's standing here, trying to get words out from his mouth as I lay here with a cheese tart in my hand, just...waiting.

          "Nah, never mind." He said suddenly.

          "What?" I stared.

          "Forget if I said anything. Forget if Delaney ever said anything." He shrugged.

          "Wait, you can't just shrug it off!" I snapped. "You have to finish the sentence! We're only at the climax!"

          "Yeah, right." He snorted. "The climax sounds good."

          "ALEX!"

          "This is the hospital, Kate, would you mind keeping it down a little?" he smirked.

          "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you. For a minute there I thought you were about to say something serious, something worth hearing, but now...this...?!" I fumed, feeling totally lost at words.