Chapter 18

Jordan's POV

I slammed the door to  my bedroom and ran to the bathroom, locking myslef in. I needed to be alone, to be able to think. What the hell had I just done? How could she have said that? How could I have told her that she sucked the life out of me?! What the hell was wrong with me?! I sunk to the floor and put my head in between my knees. Dani was my best friend, I couldn't lose her, but I had a feeling that she was beginning to slip away.

Dani's POV

After crying myself out for about an hour, Jordan still hadn't come back. He was my best friend, my brother, my protector, my everything. Never in my life had I thought I'd have a chance of losing him. I slowly stood up, me experimenting on how much strength it took to stand up. Without thinking, I took one look at the back door, and ran out. Wanting to escape from everything that just happened. The wind was blowing in my face and the sun was beating outside, but I hardly noticed. All I needed was an escape. I had been running for a while, when I came into the same little wood clearing where Jordan had found me 3 days ago. I was taking in the beautiful site, breatheing in the fresh air, when all of a sudden, I felt a pair of arms snatch me and cover my mouth with their hand. I bucked and kicked, trying with all my might to get free, but he was too strong for me and it was useless. Just when I thought I had no chance as he dragged me into the darker and more covered woods, the pair of arms released me and I could hear the man fall to the ground. I whirled around, only to see Jordan  fighting with the dude that decided to try to rape me on the ground. He was repeadedly throwing punches to the man's face, leaving him bloodier with each one. Soon, the man was nearly lifeless as Jordan kept beating him. I pried him of the disgusting man, which took some time, and made him look at me. I saw tears in his eyes and could tell he was scared out of his mind. Without another word, he enveloped me in a huge hug that lifted me off the ground, leaving me feeing totally secure. Screw the fact that I had nearly been raped, I was just happy that I had Jordan back. My Jordan.