Chapter 5

George, Jordan's Dad, on the side!!!

Jordan's POV

Something was wrong with Dani. I could tell by the way she was pretending to be sleeping. It wasn't that hard to figure out, I mean she wasn't an amazing actress or anything. Her breathing wasn't peaceful like it should be when you're sleeping. It was more shallow and quick, as if she were upset. About what, I had no clue. Was it her parents? Did it have to do with me? Did I say something? All these thoughts were running through my head and keeping me from sleeping.Maybe I was just imagining things. We had both had a really long night. Yeah, that has to be it.

Danielle's POV

I woke to a blinding light trying to make it's way into my eyes. I slowly sat up, trying to shake off the sleepy feeling I still had left. Looking around, I realized I wasn't in my room. That's when I remembered everything that happened last night. I could still remember the stinging of the slap that my mother laid upon me, the ache of laughter that erupted from my mouth when Jordan tickled me, the pain that stabbed me in the chest from the way he spoke the words that told me he'd never like me. Gosh, I really have to forget about that! Anyway, as I looked around I saw Jordan lying on the floor tangled up in a jumbled mess with his blankets. It was really funny and I couldn't help but stiffle a laugh. As I tried to contain myself, he started to slowly move around. That's when I heard a knock on th door. I looked around until I spotted a pillow, which I quickly threw at Jordan. He jumped up and started looking around, muttering random words that he must've been dreaming about. When he finally came to his senses, I pointed to the door urgently, trying to signal to him that someone was at the door. He realized what I was trying to say and hopped into his bed. I threw him a panicking look, asking him what the heck he was doing. Did he not know I was currently in the bed? All he did was calmly pull the covers over my head and push me under. "Yeah?" Jordan asked.

I heard the door creak open as his dad (I'm guessing) walked into the room. I held my breath, hoping I wouldn't be found. "Hey. You're mom and I are leaving. She wanted me to make sure you were awake before we left."

"Okay. I'm up." he said calmly.

There was a slight pause before Jordan's dad spoke again. "Jordan, please don't be too hard on your mother. She loves you and your brother and would never do anything to hurt you guys."

"And you..."

"I love the both of you, too."

"Okay. Well, I guess the both of you should leave now."

"Yeah, we should. We'll see you later tonight, then."

"Before midnight this time?"

I didn't hear an answer, so his dad must've ignored him, or just not wanted to answer. The door closed, and as soon as it did, I popped up out of the bed sheets, ramming my head into Jordan's chin."Oww" We said in unison.

"Geez, Danielle! You know you're head isn't exactly soft, right?"

"I coud say the same about your chin." I giggled.

Soon, we both recovered from our minor injuries. "So please remind me when it became a good idea to shove me under blankets like a stuffed animal." I stated.

He looked at me and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. It was the first thing I thought of. And if it helps, you're a stuffed animal to me." He poked me in the stomach playfully.

"Yeah, whatever. So, now that your parents are gone, what next?"

He seemed to be thinking this over as I just sat there and watched his face switch from different facial expressions.

"I have an idea." He said confidently.