1 ~The End of Us~

???'s POV•

We were running out of time. My fallen comrades had their elements taken already. But I was still alive, running away from the danger. I have to find the next Hopes before I die. Or else, the mission would have failed. "What are we going to do sir?" My guards ask the one question I didn't know the answer to. "We have to retreat to base for some time. We have no clue where the Hopes are. Since we were given the title "Heroic Hopes", they are to be called the Lost Hopes. "Sir! Sir! I have pinpointed the locations on our map!" One of the scientists runs up to me smiling. "Good job Lizzie. Please lead me to the map." I say calmly, "And you don't have to call me sir. We're still friends and you're technically still apart of the Heroic Hopes." Lizzie nods and moves her hair behind her ear, "I know. I've just gotten use to it! Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable Pat." I shake my head lightly and chuckle, "You're fine Lizzie." I look up at the virtual mag that was coded with different colored dots. "We have to send out the last of us Lizzie. Go get the other two and put your gear on. Meet me at the gate." I turn around and walk towards the exit. I still have their elements inside my bag. When I reach the gate, I turn around to see Dan, Lizzie, and Joel, walking towards me. They have their elemental gear on, ready for any battle. "This is risky guys. Even for us. Be careful once we split up okay?" I give them a small pep talk, using the last of my courage. "Don't worry Pat, we can do this." Lizzie gives me a thumbs up and starts running through the woods. "She was always the only one of us that was optimistic." Joel smiles with a hint of blush as he runs in the other direction. "I wish you the best of luck Pat. We are the last four." Dan smiles and starts running in another direction. "Well, let's find these eight children!" I jump in the trees and start running from there. We have to do this. To honor them.

Lizzie's POV•

I am running through the woods, full of determination. I have to find the girl who is to possess my element. Since I have the strongest and most wanted element, magic, I have to leave her the powers book. It's the only way she can at least be safe. I think her name was Jessica—"Well, look who we have here?" My thoughts are interrupted by a familiar voice. "Nick, I don't have time for this! Get out of my way!" I jump up high and start running through the trees. "Not until you're dead!" Nick charges after me. I use my fighting skills to maintain my magic. The castle was just up ahead where she lives. I just need to hold off Nick for as long as I can, even if I...die. "Lizzie, come and join me. I know you're the strongest on the team. You can be...with me!" Nick whispers the last part in my ear. I shudder and punch him hard. He falls back and I continue running. Her balcony is just in reach. I jump up and grab the ledge just as Nick grabs my waist. "Let go of me!" I swing my legs violently. "Not until you join by my side!" He holds on tightly. I try to keep my tears in. "J-just let me give this to my new user. Please Nick!" I plead. "If I let you Lizzie, you have to come with me." Nick smirks devilishly. "F-fine! I'll do it! Just let go!" The tears were streaming down my face. He let me go and drops down. I climb up the balcony and silently sneak around in her room. I see a bed side table and black a small purple and blue box containing the element holder. I leave a different note than what the others had because she was going to need extra help to become the strongest. And to protect herself. I place the book next to the box. "Good luck Jessica..." I whisper. " Tick Tock Lizzie. Let's go." Nick grabs my wrist tightly. I don't oblige and walk with him, hanging my head low. What am I going to do? The guys will be heartbroken. They'll think I went rogue when I really didn't. What will Joel think? He'll go crazy trying to find me. Dan will be upset. He was like my brother. And Pat was like my father who was my age. "Lizzie, you won't see them for a long time..." Nick laughs maniacally.
I'm doing the right thing......